Lovin' It!

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
stumper

Re: Lovin' It!

#11 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 pm
Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 pm UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's PERFECT TOO! I'll be in Colorado tomorrow and they still have it in stock... Wife said I can get it if it is still there and I like how it shoots.
You might find it a little slow compared to your Flatlines...but then again, you might be smitten. :shock: Every 'internet rumor' I heard about K-Mags (stacking, poor accuracy, etc) have been complete BS and mine feels more like a 'hand extension' than any of my bows...even the Griz. Shoot it and let your heart decide. Even if you find it not to your liking down the line you can always find a buyer for a K-Mag. Probably right on this forum.
We shall see. If I am not in love with it, I won't get it plain and simple. I could use a backup recurve as I only have one at the moment. And a short one would be nice to just have the option. And being 50 plus pounds it could be my elk bow. All this to say it does fit a lot of bills for things I do not have in a bow at the moment. It would be the only bow I have in that weight so I would have to get new shafts just for it. It also has a lot to live up to as the Flatlines have me soooooo spoiled, and have made me a bow snob...... I probably should not spend the money.... but how often does one get to go to RMS Gear.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longtrad

#12 Post by Longtrad »

Would shoot it first if you get the chance. I have shoot a couple of different k mags in there and most shoot great but I did get my hands on one that was super loud and thumped. Maybe it could have been tuned out with. Race height or maybe just a " rogue unit" lol

Try a centaur longbow while you are there if they have any in stock.

Grizzly

#13 Post by Grizzly »

When I got out of the service in 1969, these short bows were all the rage. My mistake was not listening to the shop owner. I came in because he had a sale in the newspaper (imagine that) for a Ben Pearson BP52 for about $69.00 So, I went there planning to buy just that bow. The owner tried really hard to talk me into a better bow, and I could have afforded a better bow, but I was young, stupid and stubborn. I've never really like that 52" bow. It really does stack, and even with the zebrawood riser, I've never really enjoyed that bow like others - like my 1966 Grizzly at 58" or especially Dad's 1964? Deluxe Composite, which is actually a 54" Browning Safari 1, which I bought later to duplicate Dad's and use hard.

I've tried a Kodiak Magnum and probably know where one like yours is at on the farm, but never owned one. I can't really say I've heard anything bad about them other than they shoot differently, being short and sometimes guys experience finger pinch. Short bows are fun, especially when you hunt from the ground - like turkeys, or deer, or Elk. It's just sad to see the prices going up and up on these old beauties.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#14 Post by Graps »

K-Mags are just like bacon.
You can either love 'em, or you can be wrong. :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#15 Post by stumper »

Well maybe it was that kmag but we didn’t get along like I thought of. However I tried another bow for giggles and boy did it have a spell on it. Walked out with it too.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am However I tried another bow for giggles and boy did it have a spell on it. Walked out with it too.
:shock: WELL?????????????????????????????????????? :shock:
Spill it, man!
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#17 Post by Greg Felty »

Iv'e never had any luck shooting the shorties.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#18 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 pm Iv'e never had any luck shooting the shorties.
Frankly, I never expected to. The fact that this thing is clinging to me like a wood/glass leech is surprising the heck out of me...I just wanted to shoot it, not bond with it! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#19 Post by stumper »

The fact is most of the bows at that shop or on consignment and both kmag and this bow had horrible strings and the arrows I used not much better. However despite the poor conditions this bow literally shot an instinctive 20yard group tighter than I have with any other bow.

Greg Felty

#20 Post by Greg Felty »

I will have to try another short one. It sure makes hunting out of a stand a lot easier. Come on Dave lets see it.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Return to “Practice/Training”