Lovin' It!

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Lovin' It!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Over the course of the last week or so I have been totally smitten by my little eBay pawnshop find Kodiak Magnum...that's right, the one with the sight holes drilled in it...
Holes or not, this little hot rod smokes 'em right in there with authority, feels dynamite in the hand, and is short and light as a feather. I only hope my Grizzly doesn't find out 'cuz there could be a cat fight under the sofa in my den... :shock:
Mr. Griz might even find himself deposed as King Of The Hill and my A#1 Go-To bow if this continues.
I can definitely see there being an advantage in length in both a tree stand and ground blind environment. :o
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Lovin' It!

#2 Post by stumper »

Well, I am on my trip to Colorado and you are making me want to stop by RMS Gear and get a K-Mag, probably wont happen=( ...UGH AND THEY HAVE ONE FOR $185... Time to negotiate.... Though I will say I started out shooting shorter bows and I find myself going the opposite way. My first was the grizzly 58", then a 56 inch Maddog PP (his short recurve is back and interests me). Then went to a 64" Ausable (loved the bow but couldn't shoot it worth beans), now have a 62" recurve and 66-inch longbow and just ordered another 66" longbow.

Post some pics of that beauty won't ya?
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

Lets see the pics.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 am Lets see the pics.
Here are some right after I bought it. The sight is no longer on the bow.

Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

The one I am looking is drilled for a sight also. Take a look on their site to let me know what you think... I might just have to go shoot it while I am there.

http://www.rmsgear.com/bear-archery-bea ... u6822.html

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Looks better than mine!
I really like mine the more I shoot it.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

DANG IT KIRK!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 pm DANG IT KIRK!
It's only money, Dave. Don't let it come between you and a good time.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm
Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:13 pm DANG IT KIRK!
It's only money, Dave. Don't let it come between you and a good time.
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's PERFECT TOO! I'll be in Colorado tomorrow and they still have it in stock... Wife said I can get it if it is still there and I like how it shoots.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:50 pm UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's PERFECT TOO! I'll be in Colorado tomorrow and they still have it in stock... Wife said I can get it if it is still there and I like how it shoots.
You might find it a little slow compared to your Flatlines...but then again, you might be smitten. :shock: Every 'internet rumor' I heard about K-Mags (stacking, poor accuracy, etc) have been complete BS and mine feels more like a 'hand extension' than any of my bows...even the Griz. Shoot it and let your heart decide. Even if you find it not to your liking down the line you can always find a buyer for a K-Mag. Probably right on this forum.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”