Summer Season Practice

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!

How often do you practice/train during the pre-season?

Every day/couple days
75%
Weekly
No votes
Monthly
No votes
Whenever I can
25%
I don't practice
No votes
Only right before season opens
No votes

Total votes: 8

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Summer Season Practice

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

How often do you shoot/practice during the summer 'pre-season'?
Now & then? Every day? Whenever you can?
How important is it to you?
Do you shoot alone, or with friends or family?
Please vote for one (note: you may change your answer)
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Summer Season Practice

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Once the mud has dried and the leaves have obscured my shooting range from nosy neighbors, I try to shoot daily, weather and work schedule permitting. I don't shoot only to be in good form for hunting season; in fact, if I didn't hunt at all I would still shoot as much as I do. I do it for the exercise, the mental and physical discipline and conditioning, and most of all the relaxation an hour or so of shooting brings me. I usually try to mix it up with bows and arrow choices, although this sometimes messes with my head. I'm also limited in what I can accomplish on a 15yd range, but I'll take anything I can get! :D
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#3 Post by Greg Felty »

I try to shoot at least everyday starting last week. :D
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Shadowhntr

#4 Post by Shadowhntr »

Greg I thought you were gonna say starting today! :lol:

Well I'll give my normal year answer since this year is pretty jacked up so far and I've gotten little practice in.

Normally, I like to shoot 2 or 3 times a week from June until I start deer hunting in mid to late October.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

I haven't been able too as much as I would like this summer but still get some shots in a couple times a week at least. I get my best practice in when I go visit my buddies house. He has horse barn with a big stack of alpha bales that makes a perfect indoor archery range. I am also free from all the projects and responsibilities I have going on at home right now.

When I get a little less busy I would like to be able to shoot every day, even if it's just a handful of arrows here and there.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

I don't shoot as much as I should but I do occasionally fling a few.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Fling a few every couple of days. Yesterday was the tigercat debut with new string and rest. So hot and humid here that it drives me back inside pretty quickly. Usually good for about 30-50 shots a session.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

White Falcon

#8 Post by White Falcon »

I shoot every couple days. Some times every day, about 16 to 20 shots. If I don't shoot good, I quit for the day. When I pull trows I always leave the best arrow for last, "memory".

Caddo

#9 Post by Caddo »

Very seldom will a day go by that I don't shoot some. Besides the fact that I'm addicted to see the flight of well tuned arrow and all of the little "tinkering" ideas that I get, I find that shooting my bow is a great stress reliever! Some days require a little more "stress Relief" than others!

LD

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

That was a nice politically correct and sensitive way to put it LD.
We known don't we..... :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Practice/Training”