Summer Season Practice

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!

How often do you practice/train during the pre-season?

Every day/couple days
75%
Weekly
No votes
Monthly
No votes
Whenever I can
25%
I don't practice
No votes
Only right before season opens
No votes

Total votes: 8

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Summer Season Practice

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

Caddo wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am Very seldom will a day go by that I don't shoot some. Besides the fact that I'm addicted to see the flight of well tuned arrow and all of the little "tinkering" ideas that I get, I find that shooting my bow is a great stress reliever! Some days require a little more "stress Relief" than others!

LD
Roger That!
Finishing up my day with a little 'Stress Relief' is one of the few things that keep me sane and civil. When I went through that...ahem...'situation' for a couple seasons where I was uneasy about backyard shooting, I was really edgy, jumpy and cranky...not to mention my instinctive shooting sucked and my muscle tone and strength went down the toilet.
Aim small, miss small!

Caddo

Re: Summer Season Practice

#12 Post by Caddo »

I shoot a lot at night too. It gets so danged hot during the day, it's just not fun. I'll put a shop light on my target if I'm feeling ambitious, otherwise just shine a flashlight on the target. We hunt hogs a lot at night so I'll often just use my hog light on my bow.

Return to “Practice/Training”