My journey tuning my bow/arrow combo

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Longbowfanatic

Re: My journey tuning my bow/arrow combo

#11 Post by Longbowfanatic »

I get it. I am a tinkerer, so tuning is kinda fun for me, Not so for all.

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

I'm with Longtrad on that, I like to just shoot without having to think. :?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#13 Post by Shadowhntr »

I'm with ya Dennis...I also like arrow tuning. Didn't start out that way I hated it. But after getting so ticked off about it and the problems I had I set out to get good at it. Next thing you know it was a love affair.
I cant count how many times I've built arrows up of different specs just because I missed it.. I've got a problem I think. I've tuned hundreds of arrows, my own and my friends. I've got stacks of different set ups in storage just waiting for me to use some day.. I've given away I dont know how many...I'm sick Im telling ya. Help.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Great to see you back, Dennis! Sounds like a win/win setup.
That Wallace is a gem! I always preferred aluminum until I fell in love with cedar...that combo will take down anything you can hunt around here.
Not sure what I'll be hunting with this year. I've been shooting the K-Mag most of the summer and doing very well with it.
Aim small, miss small!

Longbowfanatic

#15 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Shadowhntr wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm I'm with ya Dennis...I also like arrow tuning. Didn't start out that way I hated it. But after getting so ticked off about it and the problems I had I set out to get good at it. Next thing you know it was a love affair.
I cant count how many times I've built arrows up of different specs just because I missed it.. I've got a problem I think. I've tuned hundreds of arrows, my own and my friends. I've got stacks of different set ups in storage just waiting for me to use some day.. I've given away I dont know how many...I'm sick Im telling ya. Help.
:D

Longbowfanatic

#16 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Graps wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:52 pm I'm with Longtrad on that, I like to just shoot without having to think. :?

It works for you and that’s all that matters, brother!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#17 Post by Carpdaddy »

I am continually Changing and trying something different, never being totally satisfied with my setup, I need help! ;) In these last few days I have shot five different broadheads, two different spines, two different lengths, two different bows, and various weight field points. It’s a sickness I tell you. 🙈🙉🙊

Dan

#18 Post by Dan »

Sounds like you’ve got your setup dialed in. I like a heavy arrow also. I shoot the same arrows out of my kmag and my longbow, Arrow dynamics traditionals with a 100 gr insert and a 200 or 250 gr point. They weigh in at 715 gr with the 250 grain points. I shoot grizzly broadheads also. The arrow dynamics shafts fly amazing, I really haven’t tinkered with anything else.

Longbowfanatic

#19 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Carpdaddy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:13 pm I am continually Changing and trying something different, never being totally satisfied with my setup, I need help! ;) In these last few days I have shot five different broadheads, two different spines, two different lengths, two different bows, and various weight field points. It’s a sickness I tell you. 🙈🙉🙊
HAHA, Tony! I'm not alone!

Longbowfanatic

#20 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Dan wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:11 pm Sounds like you’ve got your setup dialed in. I like a heavy arrow also. I shoot the same arrows out of my kmag and my longbow, Arrow dynamics traditionals with a 100 gr insert and a 200 or 250 gr point. They weigh in at 715 gr with the 250 grain points. I shoot grizzly broadheads also. The arrow dynamics shafts fly amazing, I really haven’t tinkered with anything else.
That's heavy medicine for any critter! A buddy of mine shot a big bruin with the grizzly single bevel this spring. He shot completely through the bears body (quartering away) and buried the broad head into the off shoulder. That was proof enough for me on single bevel heads.

Return to “Practice/Training”