Sometimes you win

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Sometimes you win

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Sometimes. But not this time(s).

The last two evenings have been picture-perfect for shooting; sunny, cloudless, little if any wind with the sun being a brilliant orange ball in the west lighting up my backyard shooting range.
However, my neighbor has decided to tidy up his Sanford & Son back yard.
I won't rehash all the details about their dog, my son shooting several years ago and errant arrows, but let's just say in addition to relocating 'down range' to a safer area, I'm still overly cautious about 'when and who' and when neighbors are out and about, I don't take any chances even if they can't see me. So I took a pass the last two evenings despite my really being in the mood to shoot.
Sometimes a little restraint is in order, I reckon. :(
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Sometimes you win

#2 Post by stumper »

Might be time for a new fence. I hear the good fences make good neighbors.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

stumper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am Might be time for a new fence. I hear the good fences make good neighbors.
Not so much the fence now, vegetation is growing good. It's the tattletale sounds that are the giveaway.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:12 am
stumper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:39 am Might be time for a new fence. I hear the good fences make good neighbors.
Not so much the fence now, vegetation is growing good. It's the tattletale sounds that are the giveaway.
Oh haha. I'd get a loud speaker out and play non stop howard hill videos just loud enough that it sounded like arrows were going off 24 7 lol. I feel for ya Kirk. Sounds like you have a situation.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

stumper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 am Oh haha. I'd get a loud speaker out and play non stop howard hill videos just loud enough that it sounded like arrows were going off 24 7 lol. I feel for ya Kirk. Sounds like you have a situation.
Well, not if I use some restraint. :lol:
I truly miss they days when I didn't know any better and would be out flinging arrows every night during the summer and fall months.
The neighbors aren't bad people, it's just that they freaked out a little...understandably...when they found a few of my son's Carbon Expresses had gone through their fence and into the dog kennel.
I now use my garage as the backstop, but promised myself I would not shoot if neighbors were present outdoors.
They don't understand archery (and barely understand English) and can't tell the difference between a 50 year old Bear recurve shooting cedar arrows and a compound shooting CE's at 340 fps. It's all the same to them, I'm sure.
It's irritating, but I feel like I'm doing the right thing by only shooting when nobody is around...
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Wait there's a difference between a 50 year old bear and a compound? Can you explain this to me? :lol:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

stumper wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 pm Wait there's a difference between a 50 year old bear and a compound? Can you explain this to me? :lol:
Sure. 250fps.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

:roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Sometimes, you do get to fly the 'W'.
Friday night was such a night. Weather-wise, as good as the previous tries. Neighbors were home, but indoors. Cicadas were Live! In Concert! and making such a racket nobody could have heard an arrow hit home if they tried!
I got in a good, solid 45 minutes with the K-Mag...why mess with success when you're on a roll? Thoroughly enjoyed my shooting that night and hope to get to do it again...soon! :D
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#10 Post by stumper »

Conditions are perfect.

Return to “Practice/Training”