One thing about being old and crippled

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
jaydee2trad

One thing about being old and crippled

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

One thing is that you are pretty much forced to practice a lot closer. Either that or you need about twenty arrows to shoot before trudging back and forth. Being crippled up with my right foot makes walking harder but falling is super easy. So I have been forced to keep my shots from 10-20 yards Max. This also means my hunting shots will be around 15yards. Which really was about my norm anyways. Yes, I have taken several deer out to 30 but most have been closer. I just have always liked knowing that I could take a longer shot. but reality is a real butt biter. So I am shooting for 12 yards give or take a few. I am now totally about bow hunting and not target or 3D. So, closer practice at tiny targets makes for tinier misses. If you can put the hurt on a 1/2" red pom pom at 12 yards, life is good. JD

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: One thing about being old and crippled

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Amen to that! A lot of us spend so much time flinging arrows at 'blocks' or 3D deer that we totally lose the ability to hone in on a tiny six inch target even at close range. If I was a deer, I'd be 'feared o' ya... :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: One thing about being old and crippled

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

I try to stay positive... I can’t shoot many arrows to need to recover! :o :oops: :lol:

Return to “Practice/Training”