they finally mowed my fields!We have a place to shoot!

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
jaydee2trad

they finally mowed my fields!We have a place to shoot!

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

We have an old golf course that belongs to the Lions Club. it is no longer a gold course but a disk gold course where they throw frissbees. Anyways, there are large open pretty rock free places where I can shoot my bow with rubber tipped arrows at tennis balls. Since I shoot instinctive, I shoot from where I am standing and chase the ball around using two arrows. it makes for good unknown distance shooting for me. Because of the stupid virus thing, it had grown up really high but they just cut it so it is fair game now....early in the morning or right before dark when the heat is easier to take. I will get people who stop and watch, some will come and ask questions and if I have an extra, lighter old bow, they might even get to shoot an arrow or two. :D ;)

Jamesh76

Re: they finally mowed my fields!We have a place to shoot!

#2 Post by Jamesh76 »

What bows do you shoot and have stored or laying around? I find myself loving the older vintage bows. And not the bears. I have a blackhawk avenger, darton ranger and a pearson cougar which are along my favorites. Seriously considering a York Crest. Pretty much owned most of what's out there at one time or a other. I like shakespeare Sierra bows also but dont have one anymore, may fix that before long.

jaydee2trad

Re: they finally mowed my fields!We have a place to shoot!

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Actually have two Bears, 45lbs Ausable longbow and a 45lbs Kodiak(early 60s). a no name 50lb recurve, a martin recurve 35lbs, another old Texan 35lbs. Have owned twp Dan Quillians, a Bamboo hunter and a Gull both longbows and Several Ben Pearsons and other bows. But most were 55 to 65 lbs and I can't shoot the poundage anymore due to bad shoulders etc. So it is 45lbs and lower now. I prefer the longbow styles but still shoot the recurves. Have made a couple of self bows of sorts years ago but they weren't of decent wood material. I prefer the older bows if possible and have picked up a few over the years in pawn shops. used to find them all camo ed up and cheap but not any more. have a small hickory self bow for the wife to play around with. Have always liked the self bows, mainly for the made by hand thing. just a beautiful thing in the hand that can provide meat for the table

Return to “Practice/Training”