A little more hope

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
jaydee2trad

A little more hope

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

So I have been hitting the exercise bike really hard every day. It is a resistance bike that has a fan so the harder you pedal etc. the harder the resistance. It also has the hand/arm handles to work your arms as well. Today was 20 miles. I hammer it as hard as I can then easy pedal for a little bit to recover and then hammer it again. I keep this up as long as I can and then take a short rest on the recliner to give my rear end a rest and then do it again. Yeah it takes me a while but I can feel it big time. So today, after a week or so of doing this, has helped me in numerous ways. I can feel it in my arms as well and was curious about how this was going to affect my shooting practice. Well, my arms are stronger no doubt and so I am more able to hold my draw longer and shoot more accurate than I have been. Was only shooting 15 yards but was wadding them up pretty tightly on the 3D target. in fact, the first couple of shots went high into the dirtbag backstop. So I settled in and am doing quite well, mainly going for heart shots in case the deer drops. I am no where near where I want to be on the bike yet so will be doing this nearly every day. Got 71 miles so far this week. 12-13 years ago I was getting 60 miles a day but that was before my botched foot operation. So, this is very encouraging indeed. getting old injuries can sure take a lot longer to get over if you ever do. am was using my longbow too. :D :D :D

Hill billy

Re: A little more hope

#2 Post by Hill billy »

That’s encouraging! My routine has gotten completely out of whack this summer. So of course my conditioning also has. It’s amazing how much better I feel when doing a routine work out.And yea those old injuries seem to never go away

jaydee2trad

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Hill billy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:30 pm That’s encouraging! My routine has gotten completely out of whack this summer. So of course my conditioning also has. It’s amazing how much better I feel when doing a routine work out.And yea those old injuries seem to never go away
Yes, it is a mind set just to get back into a routine and to be committed to it. it seems like there is always a distraction to get you away from it. I'm just tired of barely being able to walk much less in the woods or around a pond. it sucks to go from a get out of my way I'll do it to being the guy in the way. it is just harder to get going as well lol. but this is incentive to push harder

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Great progress...stay the course!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”