Kind of overdoing it.

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Kind of overdoing it.

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Since I started shooting again after a year and a half layoff, I've been trying to "get my mojo back" by flinging 50-60 arrows every day (or every other day). And now I'm experiencing some sore muscles in my back and shoulder as well as my wrist. I realize I am probably overdoing it (again) but wondering if I need to shoot fewer arrows per session, shoot less often, or drop to a lower draw weight until my shooting muscles get back into better shape? Or, all of the above?
What would you guys recommend?
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

Re: Kind of overdoing it.

#2 Post by Greg Felty »

If i haven't shot for a while i drop down in weight about 5 pounds. I only shoot a couple dozen arrows at a time or i start getting tired and pick up bad habits.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Greg Felty wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:23 pm If i haven't shot for a while i drop down in weight about 5 pounds. I only shoot a couple dozen arrows at a time or i start getting tired and pick up bad habits.
Seriously considering picking up a set of 35# limbs for my Sage for this very reason. All my bows except the Tamerlane are 45# except the Pearson Super Jet, which my son has now. And he's also got Covid, so scratch that idea! Not going over to his house until it's all clear. :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#4 Post by Jamesh76 »

Idk, I’d shoot 2-3x a day and a dozen at most. Shoot them 1 at at time, retrieve and shoot again.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Jamesh76 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:48 pm Idk, I’d shoot 2-3x a day and a dozen at most. Shoot them 1 at at time, retrieve and shoot again.
Can't shoot more than 1X a day. Last night I only shot a few arrows. Feels OK today.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”