Stumpy the squirrel gets a pass.

Big Game not the only game in town? Talk about hunting medium and small game here!
stumper

Re: Stumpy the squirrel gets a pass.

#11 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:06 am Makes a nice target bull, doesn't it? 8-)
Yes but he has earned his pass.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

Agreed, but still... ;)
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#13 Post by White Falcon »

Hope there arn't any G. W.'s on here! :roll: :lol:

Graps

#14 Post by Graps »

He's probably so tough you wouldn't be able to stick a fork in the gravy. :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

joe harrod1945

#15 Post by joe harrod1945 »

you need to leave stumpy alone.he might be possessed by the devil or maybe providential intervention.I believe for years that when it was time to kill a deer if it was that time GOD would supply the meat.if it was not then i excepted it as providential intervention.so i went to the grocery an bought me some meat.you could not pay me enought money to kill stumpy.i probably would miss him any way.i shot at a doe 3 times on the 4 shot i fell out of my stand an layed on my back until my buddy came.i thought my back was broke.my back was not broke providential intervention.do not mess with mother nature.i seen that doe many times a could have shot at her. i probably would miss her any way.

stumper

#16 Post by stumper »

Yep. He gets a pass. I'm not looking to shoot him anymore.

Lawrence128

#17 Post by Lawrence128 »

Stumpy sounds like one tough critter. He reminds me of a guinea cock that I was told to dispatch the he. I was growing up. I made a clean pass through shot on him with a Bear broadhead. He just sat there looking at me. I was pretty sure I’d hit him in the right spot. Then he flew off. The only other arrow I had on me was a flu flu field tip. I popped him and he flew off with the arrow centered in him and landed in a tree. He sat up there for a long time just doing guinea stuff.....making a noisy racket. After almost half an hour I went and got my .22 and popped him in the head. While dressing him I saw that my first shot had indeed gone right through his chest. That was one tough bird.

stumper

#18 Post by stumper »

Wow. One tough bird indeed. Stumpy now lives a few trees over. I guess he realized the tree he was in was dangerous.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#19 Post by Carpdaddy »

:shock: Stumpy earned his pass, just admire him now, he probably feels about like I do most days. :oops:

stumper

#20 Post by stumper »

Carpdaddy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:34 am :shock: Stumpy earned his pass, just admire him now, he probably feels about like I do most days. :oops:
Oh I'm not going to shoot him lol. But I doubt he knows that.

Return to “Medium and Small Game Hunting”