A feline problem

Big Game not the only game in town? Talk about hunting medium and small game here!
jaydee2trad

A feline problem

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Years ago, about 1984 or so, I was going to the Vocational school here in town. A friend in one of my classes had been complaining about the cats around his house. I didn't think too much about until he told me that they were trying to get into his house and were even scratching his three little kids. I said something about trapping them with a live trap but then he said that there was over 40 of them and they had killed everything around the place. Turned out the owner had gone into the VA hospital 150 miles away and apparently died. Most of the cats were very skiddish and some were just outright wild. So I went over to help him and we were able to move a lot of them but the rest were just mean old tom cats. He wanted to just shoot them and be done with them but he lived in the outskirts of the town's city limits. So, I offered to thin out the meanest ones with my bow. So several of them were quickly and quietly disposed of one night and he was impressed with what a bow could do. The flea problem was something that he was constantly fighting there from the cats. I was using a fifty pound bow with aluminum arrows. I used field points with washers behind them and they did a number on them. I used this setup on rabbits and squirrels as well.

Return to “Medium and Small Game Hunting”