Arrows, rocks and rabbits

Big Game not the only game in town? Talk about hunting medium and small game here!
jaydee2trad

Arrows, rocks and rabbits

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I quickly found out that rocks and arrows wasn't a good thing, not at all. I also decided that using my Bear Razorheads was a very stupid choice on my part. So I invested in the usual small game tips but they still got destroyed by the many rocks when shooting rabbits. So I went to those slip on black rubber tips and really liked them for a little bit but not so great with wooden arrows. Still have a couple of the rubber tips with broken off wood inside of them. So I began using them with heavier aluminum shafts. I also figured out that the cheaper aluminum shafts or arrows bent so easily and were a real pain to get straight(er). So went from the regular Gamegetters to XX75 shafts. Then when the carbon shafts came out, I managed to destroy a few of them as well. I really loved to take my longbow, some rubber tipped arrows and slip along looking for rabbits. Then getting as close as I can before taking a shot. The loud thump says it all. Did find out that the bubber would blow thru a young rabbit very easily. The sound of a broadhead hitting a rock in the "dirt" makes me wince. That broke me of taking shots at squirrels with my broadheads from treestands. Now I know that there is actually some relatively rock free land out there but not around here.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Arrows, rocks and rabbits

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

I've used the "Bunny Busters" as well for stumping. Yes, my cedar shafts have suffered as a result. Maybe I'll give some XX75's a try again (used to use them with my wheelie bow)
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Medium and Small Game Hunting”