New Pokers

Announcements for Great hunts, Traditional Bows and Hunting Gear Giveaways
Forum rules
You must be over the age of 18 to be in hunt draws. If you win a hunt or a Traditional bow you are not eligible to win that category prize again for one year. Good luck.
Cookies

New Pokers

#1 Post by Cookies »

Hi all!
So, this thread is a long time coming, I realize I'm a bit late with it (and I offer my most sincere apologies :oops: !!!) but I think I've managed to sort out this picture posting thing, so here goes:

I got a package in the mail a week (or so) ago!!

Cookies

Re: New Pokers

#2 Post by Cookies »

Hooray!! It worked!!!!!
So, I opened up the box and lo, and behold: My fancy, new Centaur Big Game Heads!

Note the very nice packaging, jewel case. These things are simply gorgeous!
I know it looks like they're "blanks" - that is, no actual bevel ground on them. But there're there. Single, right-hand bevels, with a blackout of Sharpie on them. I assume that's just there to prevent corrosion or to offer a guide for those of us who believe that "too sharp is just sharp enough" (that's me).

Cookies

#3 Post by Cookies »

Now, in my last picture, these heads don't look that big. "ooh, ahh", you might say.
Let me take them out of the box for you:

That's a Centaur, compared to one of my Magnus 150gr Stingers. These babies are HUGE! They're also scary ass heck. I'm almost of the feeling that if I so much as point one towards a deer, it'll just fall over!
These things are robust: I haven't shot them yet, but they feel like nothing is going to tweak them, shy of shooting head-long at an Abrams tank.

More to come: I haven't had any shooting time in the last couple weeks and as such, I also haven't been to the bow shop lately. My plan is to acquire screw-in adapters for my Victory Vforce V1 carbons and compare them to my field tips and my Magnus (both of those are 150gr; the BG Heads are 180gr).

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Whoo, now we're talking, I'll get to see your happy hunting grounds now, you mastered the picture thing! Atta-boy Cookies. Nice looking Broadheads.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Hell, if those things don't cut ya to death, they'll sure bludgeon ya to death!
Aim small, miss small!

Cookies

#6 Post by Cookies »

So, I still haven't gotten to the bow shop, but I cleaned up the edges on the heads. Only took about 2 minutes of work per head, but now they're popping hairs cleanly! I have straight razors that aren't this sharp!

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Hope when they draw blood that it's not yours .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Hope when they draw blood that it's not yours .
...or anyone else we know! :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Tradman

#9 Post by Tradman »

Well now...since i have your address allready cookies maybe i should just send you mine so you can sharpen them also.Seeing how good you are at it and me knowin how bad i am at sharpening things and all. :roll:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Cookies

#10 Post by Cookies »

Haha. Go for it, Larry! I find honing blades to be almost meditative. It's like those Zen dudes raking sand. You just pay shipping here and back and they'll be gleaming and scary sharp next time you see them!
Still haven't been out shooting lately. Starting to get frustrated. Fishing tomorrow thiugh; should be fun!

Return to “Gear, Bows and Hunt Giveaways”