First bow giveaway

Announcements for Great hunts, Traditional Bows and Hunting Gear Giveaways
Forum rules
You must be over the age of 18 to be in hunt draws. If you win a hunt or a Traditional bow you are not eligible to win that category prize again for one year. Good luck.
Tradman

First bow giveaway

#1 Post by Tradman »

Here we go.The first bow giveaway is in 30 days.Sorry I am behind schedule on this folks.Good luck and get to posting in the forums.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Tradman

Re: First bow giveaway

#2 Post by Tradman »

I will add that the first two bows given away will be from the paid members that all paid ten bucks each for the giveaways,then I stopped the paid members option thanks to paypal stating we were raffling off prizes which is against the acceptable use policy.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

bronco2

#3 Post by bronco2 »

you are to kind sir...

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Screw Paypal...if you need me to pony up just say so and I'll mail you a check.
Aim small, miss small!

Tradman

#5 Post by Tradman »

No money required captain.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Very generous of you Larry. I am going to give my thoughts for what it's worth, and my wife will tell you that it's not worth much!
Ask those who wish to be entered in the drawings to post something on your giveaway thread, just a "Put me in" or anything like that. This would narrow the field to those who actually care enough about this site to come by once in a while rather than just signing up. It would serve to how how many are actually coming by, I am not against them lurking but this would show if they actually come here, I think they would post for a chance to win a bow. I'm not just trying to narrow the field to increase odds, I just want to see more activity.
That's just me though; do whatever you think best.

Tradman

#7 Post by Tradman »

Great idea

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

There would be less unclaimed prizes and it may keep folks from signing up just to win something with no interest in being a part. Again; this is just my weak opinion, i support your decision and will not complain either way.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, it's true; this is Larry's forum and he gets to make the rules. But IMHO, a forum is a community, not a flea market. If you want to reap the dividends, I think you should at least make a stab at being a part of it. It doesn't take much effort to introduce yourself, tell us a little about you and your bowhunting likes/dislikes, and stop in now and again. Personally (but that's just me) I would make the drawings only available for those who have contributed at least some minimum number of posts, be it 10, 25, 50 or whatever. Just so that you're not giving a freebie away to some schmuck who only came for the free lunch and you'll never see again. I understand the attraction of 'free gear' but it needs to work both ways. Free gear to good, upstanding members that contribute to the overall health and success of the forum.
Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Another thought......
One of the many motorcycle forums I belong to had a rather annoying feature...if you hadn't made a post in 90 days, it erased you as a member! You had to re-submit your registration to post if it lapsed! Now, I think that's a little extreme, but if a member hasn't posted in, say...a year....is he/she really a member?
For the most part, I'd say no.
On the forums I admin on, I won't randomly delete members, but if a member has no posts in over a year and has never made one, I will. (Members with one or more posts I leave alone). I don't think it does anyone any good to fool themselves into thinking there are more 'real' members than there really are.
One guy PM'd me after reregistering, all pissed and asked why his first membership had been deleted. I told him straight up..."It's been two years since you registered, and you've never made a single post or contributed....why would I want you as a member?"
He later apologized and since has become a regular contributor. Some folks you just have to put their feet to the fire.
Again, just my two cents. And worth every penny...... :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Gear, Bows and Hunt Giveaways”