YouTube and Vimeo Videos

Links to members' favorite videos posted to You Tube and other social media platforms
Elkman
Site Admin

YouTube and Vimeo Videos

#1 Post by Elkman »

Video posting is finally here.

I added bbCode that will allow you to post Youtube or Vimeo videos in your posts. Plus it should be mobile friendly.
When your posting just push the YouTube or Vimeo button where you want the video in your post.
Then all you have to do is add the YouTube or Vimeo video reference code -- nMX2xGMB0b8 --

Code: Select all

[youtube]nMX2xGMB0b8[/youtube]
Here is a sample. By the way when you get to the part with the close encounter with the young Bull Moose, that's me holding my first takedown recurve I made. I'm also the one doing some bugling about 3/4 into the video.
Most of you may have seen this video already. I'm using it for testing. The DVD has been out now for sometime.

Enjoy!!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: YouTube and Vimeo Videos

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Thanks, and great video. :mrgreen:

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Waaa hoooo!!!! Thanks!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Well you can call me stupid, but I don't see how this is easier or better than just pasting the link.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:12 am Well you can call me stupid, but I don't see how this is easier or better than just pasting the link.
Because the vid is now embedded in the forum software. Even if YouTube takes it down for one of their retarded reasons, it can still be viewed here (I think?)
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

Even so , I still don't see how to do it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

This is what I get when I try to do it.
Attachments
20180402_181353~01.jpg
20180402_181353~01.jpg (33.89 KiB) Viewed 1112 times

Elkman
Site Admin

#8 Post by Elkman »

Because the vid is now embedded in the forum software. Even if YouTube takes it down for one of their retarded reasons, it can still be viewed here (I think?)
Actually what is happening is the BBCode that you don't see puts the video inside what is called an iframe. A window to watch the video, if you will, which is still on YouTube or Vimeo. Kinda like watching TV after the signal gets to it.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Graps

#9 Post by Graps »

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

It just doesn't work for me. :evil:

Return to “Video Vault”