How are you faring?

Check in here for announcements, updates, and other forum news!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

How are you faring?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Not trying to jump on the media craze bandwagon here, rather I'm posting this out of concern for our forum members and their families. How are you faring in these tough times? Are you and yours all well, or have you been affected by the shutdowns, constant media hurricane, food/supply shortages, school and restaurant closings, etc?
Prayers up for all of our members here, especially since the majority are over 50.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

Re: How are you faring?

#2 Post by Grizzly »

Time will tell. So far we are being careful and not going out anymore than needed. Our daughter who lives with us has many weakened conditions and so we have been praying and trying to keep exposure down to a minimum. We are on SS due to age and not very active anyway. My wife's needs keep me pretty close to home. I hope the supplies hold out and people use their heads. I'm sure the money lag for those working will hurt many out there. Already we are seeing Dr's visits reduced by them to make up for the increase they are starting to experience. So far I haven't heard what the plan is to treat the pneumonia cases and whether antibiotics will work.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Besides shutting down all the dine-in restaurants, the biggest inconvenience we are battling is hoarders. There is no toilet paper to be found and water/canned goods are being snatched up as soon as they hit the shelves. Prayers up for you and yours, Craig, that you will come through this unscathed.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

What I may miss most this time of year is a freezer full of venison. Years ago, I would shoot 3 to 5 does and if a really nice 10 pointer would come close, one of those too. It would usually hold us until hunting season started up again. There was plenty to share with my daughters families too. Now I stock up on chicken and last week visited a store that supplies restaurants and bought some long pork loins and chunks of meat to cut up for the freezer. Early on my daughter heard of the rush on toilet paper, so I went out that night and bought a little more than we usually keep on hand. Used to be there was always a reserve of a few old Sears or Monkey Wards catalogs laying around. No more.

My other daughter whose two grown kids work for the school system in the cafeteria just got some good news. They will continue to be employed making lunches for the school bus drivers to distribute along their routes. This in a town just outside of Champaign, Illinois that made the news with their mayor declaring she had the power to just about begin martial law and banning gun and ammo sales if she so chose.

More good news is the talk about a malaria drug that seems to help fight this virus. As bad as all this is, maybe it will serve to bring many in this nation closer to reality and maybe even to call upon our Lord. We'll keep you and yours in prayer also.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

EWill

#5 Post by EWill »

All good here. I work in a food distribution center and we're busy. It's crazy out there.

Greg Felty

#6 Post by Greg Felty »

We are doing good here.The only thing were can't get is toilet paper so might be going to the woods for leaves soon. :o
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

#7 Post by Grizzly »

Greg Felty wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:23 am We are doing good here.The only thing were can't get is toilet paper so might be going to the woods for leaves soon. :o
I'm sure you know which ones not to pick :( I kept getting the itchies when I'd clean up the vines in the yard until I discovered I also had poison oak growing there.
download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 829 times
download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Attachments
download (3).jpg
download (3).jpg (6.01 KiB) Viewed 829 times

stumper

#8 Post by stumper »

Working a lot. All are well.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Well things are getting ugly around here, this virus has everything shutting down! I normally go to Church 6-7 days per week, that has come to a screeching halt. Went Monday and Tuesday but then it shut down. But a po-boy can survive! The first part of my life was in an outhouse with a Sears catalog and no toilet paper, I can finish that way if need be! Lol :lol:
But what to do with myself during this time????..
Riser reshaping and touch up and arrow prep.
Attachments
E4B33D5B-AEB8-4F5D-BAA7-A56301A032B4.jpeg
E4B33D5B-AEB8-4F5D-BAA7-A56301A032B4.jpeg (127.91 KiB) Viewed 811 times
E3AE7770-42C5-4576-8551-D566546F972C.jpeg
E3AE7770-42C5-4576-8551-D566546F972C.jpeg (148.44 KiB) Viewed 811 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

Been digging in the freezer lately also, long days lead to creative cooking, wife says I am going to make us all fat-er. Today began with Squirrel Dumplings, then Onion Fritters, garden corn, pickle beets, finished off with Blackberry Cobbler! Oh my. Hard on a man!
Attachments
6CDE6078-9EFF-4AAC-AAF8-091A6A121D0D.jpeg
6CDE6078-9EFF-4AAC-AAF8-091A6A121D0D.jpeg (123.31 KiB) Viewed 808 times
084975FE-F2B4-4775-968C-B417612186A6.jpeg
084975FE-F2B4-4775-968C-B417612186A6.jpeg (101.05 KiB) Viewed 808 times
B4A6A58B-C389-4A5C-820F-CA497FFA33BD.jpeg
B4A6A58B-C389-4A5C-820F-CA497FFA33BD.jpeg (117.46 KiB) Viewed 808 times

Return to “Forum Announcements and Updates”