The Daily Grind

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Re: The Daily Grind

#31 Post by Graps »

I like your hair style .
Thanks for your devotion and service .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#32 Post by Shadowhntr »

Always much special love and gratitude for our police officers. With today's negative talk going about I think it's important for our finest to understand that so many of the public are strongly supporting you guys and gals. Hats off....to our people in blue....thank you for all you do to protect and guide.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#33 Post by stumper »

Thanks all. Police officer is not quite a thankless job as I have many people recently thank me on a regular basis. However, I do see some of these same people become quite the opposite when they receive a ticket. I guess nobody likes to be held responsible...in fact one of the most common lines I get when I give a ticket is "this is why people hate cops".. anyways to be totally honest I cannot see myself doing anything else... despite terrible conditions at work and dangerously low levels of manpower, I love the job. Hopefully in a few years the real dream of law enforcement in the woods aka ranger or game warden will become a reality. Again thanks for the kind words.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#34 Post by Graps »

I've heard it said that a police officer sees people at there worst .
Getting pulled over can create an attitude even before the reason is explained .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#35 Post by stumper »

graps wrote:I've heard it said that a police officer sees people at there worst .
Getting pulled over can create an attitude even before the reason is explained .
Yes. Inconvenience is sure to put a bump in an attitude.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#36 Post by Shadowhntr »

I know we have at least 3 officers on here....maybe more. Dave, James, and Jose for sure. Anyone else here an officer, please "stand" and be recognized.

Shadowhntr

#37 Post by Shadowhntr »

I left the parts machining/programming world 13 years ago very reluctantly, for a "7-3:30 M-F with occasional weekends" local government job. I'm part of a small select crew that operates and maintains one region of 5, for a large (and rich) County district... and within our region we operate numerous Parks. Because my job requires so many different task there is no way to include all of them in pics. Skills like machine operating (heavy eq, tractors, etc), concrete flatwork, plumbing, electrical, construction, welding and fabrication, parts machining, arboratory, turf, chemical application, horticulture, natural resourses, asphalt and trails to include bridge building, and probably a dozen others. You've heard the old statement Jack of all trades, master of none? Well, not in this case! Competition is fierce for these limited positions, so they want not only Jack of all trades, they also want mastery to boot. Not any one of us fill the whole bill as individuals , but together we certainly do....all though several are extremely well rounded by themselves .
Here is a fun part of my job and this is my view 60% of my time. I'm mowing the dam of a lake with a 15' flexwing brush hog and tractor. There are some REALLY steep hill angles I must mow, but this is only mild in this case. Still...watch the angle the tractors hood gets to, as I'm trying to hold the camera straight. Not exactly a smooth ride on them hills all the time! Watch the full vid for the whole effect.

https://youtu.be/lpLUn8Vp9Ug

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#38 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wouldn’t enjoy the angle much but the view of the surroundings is nice.

Graps

#39 Post by Graps »

Jason , bring that rig to my house , it would cut my 3 hour mow tome down to 20 minuits .

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#40 Post by Captainkirk »

You missed a spot... :shock: (jk!)
Looks like you got the angle of the dangle about right!
Hey...how come you had your emergency flashers on? You afraid someone wuz gonna pass you up? :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”