Music

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Music

#41 Post by Captainkirk »

Graps wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm
Billy Gibbons is another artist that I have copied a lot. That's how I learned to whistle pick.
"Whistle pick"?
You talkin' 'bout pinch harmonics?
Billy is one of the best at that and La Grange is a great showcase for it!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#42 Post by Captainkirk »

I mentioned earlier my "Little Senorita", my Mexican Strat, but had no pictures on Flickr. So I made some.

Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#43 Post by Graps »

Whistle picking is where you are touching harmonic spot with your thumb as your pick comes off the string.
So the pick and your thumb contact the string at the same point. The sound will vary as to how hard your thumb drags, the lighter the contact, the higher the pitch.
Also the location from the bridge varies as well.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Lowcountry

#44 Post by Lowcountry »

Love "Classic Rock" but somehow was not aware of Rory Gallagher. I will definitely listen to more of his music.

My favorite is The Allman Brothers Band. Their first three albums were unique and groundbreaking. Duane, Dickey, and Greg were awesome together.

Lately I've been listening to Outlaw Country on satellite radio and have really gotten into Ray Wiley Hubbard, Blackberry Smoke, Corb Lund, Guy Clark, and Billie Joe Shaver. Always loved Willie, Waylon, Johnny, and Hank Jr.

Graps

#45 Post by Graps »

Gotta like the outlaws. 8-)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#46 Post by Graps »

Another example of how David Gilmour getting unusual sounds. I have never heard anyone use a golden throat in the way he does.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#47 Post by Captainkirk »

Lowcountry wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm Love "Classic Rock" but somehow was not aware of Rory Gallagher. I will definitely listen to more of his music.
Rory was not promoted as he should have been in the States, partially (I believe) because he adamantly refused to play their game and release a single...only albums, which pissed management off.
Rory was afraid a single would "pigeonhole" his sound to one song and as an artist he was vehemently opposed to the theory.
In my not-so-humble opinion he was better than Clapton.
Aim small, miss small!

Arcuites

#48 Post by Arcuites »

No words. Simply no words folks. And this video does not do him justice... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8p2iiplXQ

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#49 Post by Captainkirk »

Arcuites wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:24 pm No words. Simply no words folks. And this video does not do him justice... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m8p2iiplXQ
No argument outta me...
Aim small, miss small!

Lowcountry

#50 Post by Lowcountry »

How bout this Ten Years After classic. Alvin Lee sho can play...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”