Pets

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Pets

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

OK, everyone has (or has had) a pet. Share your pet(s), past or present...even if it was a hamster (OK, we might think you are a little weird, but...) :?
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

Re: Pets

#2 Post by White Falcon »

Hines has saved me from 3 poisonous snakes. He will circle them to let me know!
Attachments
DSCN6589.JPG
DSCN6589.JPG (122.87 KiB) Viewed 2762 times

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

This is my stumpin'partner Buddy .
Attachments
IMG_20140923_213817_zpsuf93ubg3-640x456.jpg
IMG_20140923_213817_zpsuf93ubg3-640x456.jpg (88.45 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Longbowfanatic

#4 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Our beautiful Molly. I still get teary thinking about losing her.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Anyone who has saw my bow build along threads has meet quality control. She also goes out and watches me shoot.
Attachments
IMG_3506.jpg
IMG_3506.jpg (185.68 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
IMG_5085.jpg
IMG_5085.jpg (65.18 KiB) Viewed 2752 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

This was my best buddy in the world, he disappeared off the radar August 2nd. I sure do miss him. He would watch westerns and cool movies with me (actually WATCH them, not just sleep), even long ones like Red River and Gettysburg. He seemed to really enjoy westerns and shoot-'em-up stuff...or maybe he just wanted to hang with me. He would sit with my at my campfires out back, and follow me from room to room, no matter what room it was. If the door was shut, he would do his best to open it. He even would curl up in front of my amp when I would play guitar, no matter how loud. In the mornings he would follow my car down to the end of the driveway like, "Where are you going, and why can't I come with"? Dillon was never 'my cat', I was 'his human'. I guess I saved his life several times beginning when he was still a kitten; he got some sort of virus (almost like distemper) where his eyes and nose were glued shut with mucus, and I would wipe it away with a warm washcloth until he could see and breathe again. He lost his appetite, so I fed him with an eyedropper. This went on for several weeks. Ever since, he decided I was his human and followed me everywhere. I used to walk our dog Lucy around the neighborhood, and every so often if I stopped and turned around, I would see his little shadow following us, tiny legs going so fast you could barely see them, like "Wait for me!" I would scold him and tell him to go home, but...he was a cat. Cats take orders from no one.
Several times, I would be enjoying a good movie with Dillon on a Saturday night and relaxing with a glass of wine or a shot of Irish whiskey. Many's the time I would pause the DVR and run up to do something, only to come back and find the scoundrel imbibing...rascal! Then he would curl up next to me, happy as a clam and purring contentedly. Must have come from good Irish stock... 8-) He definitely had a preference for Jameson's.
They say cats have nine lives. Dillon used up at least a dozen that I know of. He was definitely using credit. Swollen abscess on the face the size of a golf ball, a broken or badly injured front leg that would bleed spontaneously for several months, getting himself locked outside overnight (unbeknownst to us) in sub-zero weather, getting himself locked in the garage one long weekend when we went camping (he made himself at home in my project car) getting stuck on the house roof overnight; you name it, he did it. He loved to play, too. Sometimes too much. Cats don't always realize they have the whole Freddy Krueger thing goin' on when they swat you. Many's the time he drew blood on me, sometimes I would get pissed and swat him back, and he would lay his ears back and run and hide behind the furnace like his feelings were all butt-hurt...but then a half hour later he was rubbing up against my legs meowing for food as if nothing had happened. Cats forgive unconditionally whom they choose to forgive, or not at all. He never held a grudge with me, ever. Thing was, he instigated many of those episodes. Just sayin'... :roll:
On August 2nd, during the day (a Saturday) I was out weed whacking. When I finished, I went to roll up the extension cord, and saw the sly rascal chasing the cord and batting it with his paws. :lol: That night I had a fire out back, all by myownself and when I turned on my penlight flashlight to pick up some wood, there was Dillon, sprawled on the ground next to the firebowl, lounging casually. "Hello, Dillon", I greeted him with our customary greeting (I would do this in the Seinfeld/Newman fashion; "Hello...Newman/Hello...Jerry")...he always played along with a meow. He knew his name and answered to it. A while later I switched on the penlight to get more wood and he had vanished silently, as cats are wont to do. It was the last time I saw him. :cry:
My daughter-in-law suggested he knew something was going on and came by to say goodbye. I firmly believe this to be a fact, knowing my cat.
Adios, little buddy. You were the best ever.

Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Funny how them critters can get all caught up in your heart strings .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

graps wrote:Funny how them critters can get all caught up in your heart strings .
I know, right? "they're just animals"... NOT!
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

#9 Post by dhaverstick »

This is my baby bloodhound, Jake.

And this is my wife's Great Pyrenees/Anatolian Shepherd mix, Anna.

They're pretty good friends.

They are also chow hounds!

This is the single reason why my wife insisted that I buy her a sectional.

Darren

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: :lol: That’s funny stuff right there Darren! Those last two pictures are priceless!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”