Maybe pushing the traditional envelope

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Longtrad

Re: Maybe pushing the traditional envelope

#21 Post by Longtrad »

I saw these in a bass pro catalogue this spring and they caught my attention. They were being marketing for bow fishing there.

They remind me of something you would see in a sci-fi movie. I wouldn't drop 1k on one but I will admit I would love to shoot one if I were given the chance.

I wonder what would happen if one of those limbs ran into a tree branch or something on release.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

This design is fairly old, predating even some of the radical cam bows of the early '90s.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#23 Post by Grizzly »

It's no fun. I think it might be worse with the way that one is assembled. When I tried to bring out an old Jennings compound I bought in the '70s to hunt with years ago, I started practicing with it like I did with my 52" recurve. I got down on one knee and took a few shots, and on one of them, the lower limb hit the ground and parts went flying everywhere. I never did find a c clip and lower wheel bushing. So, it still sits on a shelf in the basement, until someone pitches it during a clean up. That one was signed by Jennings when he came to the local archery range when we were all there.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Archer68

#24 Post by Archer68 »

I like the single string,and with a bad shoulder,I like the smooth draw letoff.also appreciate the feedback.wonder if cedar arrows would work .I got a dozen made up.

Lowcountry

#25 Post by Lowcountry »

Grizzly wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:15 pm It's no fun. I think it might be worse with the way that one is assembled. When I tried to bring out an old Jennings compound I bought in the '70s to hunt with years ago, I started practicing with it like I did with my 52" recurve. I got down on one knee and took a few shots, and on one of them, the lower limb hit the ground and parts went flying everywhere. I never did find a c clip and lower wheel bushing. So, it still sits on a shelf in the basement, until someone pitches it during a clean up. That one was signed by Jennings when he came to the local archery range when we were all there.
Grizzly - you should see if you can bolt on some recurve limbs on the Jennings riser. I believe the Jennings are suitable for warfing.Might depend on the model.

Tradman

#26 Post by Tradman »

Probably should post any compound bow talk in the OFF TOPIC SECTION please.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Grizzly

#27 Post by Grizzly »

Lowcountry wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:15 pm
Grizzly - you should see if you can bolt on some recurve limbs on the Jennings riser. I believe the Jennings are suitable for warfing.Might depend on the model.
Thanks, That's always a good idea, and I would love to, but that is a very long, straight and heavy riser with little, if any deflex. I believe the limb pocket angle is very shallow. It was never one of the recommended risers to be warfed. The Jennings riser that works well is the one that is the mate to the Bear Blackbear riser, iirr. Instead, I've got an old Holt TD3 riser modified, Warfed, for ilf limbs and love that recurve. I picked up a used TD3 20" with bolt on 30# recurve limbs for a Grandson. They are wonderfully balanced, well behaved bows and the kids used them for Junior Olympic training back in the day, and maybe still do. Mine has shot field, 3d and taken a few deer.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Archer68

#28 Post by Archer68 »

Guess I'm being watched,won't post no more.

Grizzly

#29 Post by Grizzly »

I don't know if I'd worry about the "being watched" thing. Admin simply wants compound discussions on another sub forum; the one shown below. I really doubt it is anything personal, and I wouldn't take it personally.
Off-Topic Discussion
Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!

Elkman
Site Admin

#30 Post by Elkman »

Archer68 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:12 pm Guess I'm being watched,won't post no more.
You started this topic in the wrong forum. It has been moved to the correct location. (OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION)
Your okay now, but "Maybe pushing the traditional envelope" putting it in Campfire.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”