Anyone else here a fan of "The Last Alaskans"?

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Anyone else here a fan of "The Last Alaskans"?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

As a rules, not a big fan of "reality shows" because, well...most of them aren't. Real, that is. You can see the staged, phony set-ups and encounters with other people, animals and situations and really get pretty jaded.
There is a series that is airing on Discovery (also Animal Planet) called "The Last Alaskans" which seems to have broken free of the phony, staged nail-biter nonsense that reality shows have become, and it highlights the hard, cruel, lonely and sometimes boring life of a few families who have homesteaded in Alaska's last truly wild refuge...which is now closed to further settlement and once the surviving family members are gone that are presently living there, will return to unsettled territory permanently.
I truly enjoy this show. It takes one tough cookie to scratch out a meager living by trapping and hunting to stay alive when your nearest neighbor might be 100 miles from you.
Anyone else a fan?
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

Re: Anyone else here a fan of "The Last Alaskans"?

#2 Post by Graps »

Never heard of that show.
Oh, wait; that's probably because I don't have that fancy high tech TV hookup stuff.🤔
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

joe harrod1945

#3 Post by joe harrod1945 »

YES I AM A FAN

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

I don't dare watch it. When things get a little frustrating, I jokingly say, I wonder if the salmon are running up in Alaska? ;)
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

Been watching for a couple years, Great show. I watch all the Gold Rush shows also.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”