Wheew!!!

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Grizzly

Wheew!!!

#1 Post by Grizzly »

Picked up a brand of crab meat I'd never seen before at Wal-Mart. On sale it was lower than the other brands. I love crab dip. When I opened the can there were large 1/2" pieces of crab meat inside and I thought I was back in the Fulton Street Fish Market in Brooklyn. Strong smell. Amazing, how when you are away from the real thing for years you forget what strong a smell this stuff really has. The other brands must wash the flavor out of their crab meat. I rinsed it off a bit myself. The canned crab meat I remember as a kid was long and stringy. This stuff today is chopped so fine you can barely tell what it is.

Anyway, I left the can out and told others just in case I buckled over in the middle of the night. I haven't had a fresh crab since Viet Nam (the can is a product of Thailand). Before that, it was the early 60's out on Long Island, NY and a large pot of blue crabs. I'm sure they were caught in cages, but as a kid, I always got a thrill out of trying to get one in a boat before he let go of the worm or bait. A favorite old photo my Dad loved from the early 50's of the young fisherman with some fluke we caught in Sheapshead Bay, not far from Coney Island. Didn't bring home any crabs that day. Those fluke I caught just happened to be bigger than any Dad had ever caught. :lol:
Grandpa Scan 3.jpg
Grandpa Scan 3.jpg (53.97 KiB) Viewed 58 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

Re: Wheew!!!

#2 Post by Graps »

Neat picture. ;)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

Re: Wheew!!!

#3 Post by White Falcon »

My brother and I would use a string and a piece of bacon to get crabs on my Aunts dock in Annapolis Md. Love soft shell sandwiches.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”