Who has already planted their tomato seeds?

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Grizzly

Who has already planted their tomato seeds?

#1 Post by Grizzly »

Who has already planted their tomato seeds? I wanted to have mine started by March 1st but I only ordered them last week.

Our favorite cherry tomato is Sun Sugar. It is a refreshing burst of sweetness. Some cherry tomatoes have nice tomato flavors, but this one gives you that little something extra that everyone who tries it really likes.

Champion 2 is both an early tomato, a good producer, good flavor and seems to be my old reliable. I'll use it now every year until I find something better.

Better Boy is going in again. It's been a decent tomato but I'm still looking for one that has less problems.

One year I'll probably do an experiment with all the BB tomatoes. Bigger Boy, Better Boy, Big Beef, and Big Boy

Every year I try a few favorites, like the Brandywines or Cherokee Purple, but so far a favorite has not emerged that will be a regular in the garden.

One tomato I'll never plant again is Roma. I had terrible yields in the garden and also when I cut them up for freezing. Very disappointed.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Longtrad

Re: Who has already planted their tomato seeds?

#2 Post by Longtrad »

no sir, still snow on the ground here and I am not much for transplanting. sounds like you know the ins and outs of your 'maters

Interesting, roma seems to do well, most the tomatoes i have put in the ground have done well come to think of it. I am not big tomato fan myself but I plant a few because other people really like them, seems like they always start out slow then by the end of the season they produce more than a person could possibly eat.

I plan on doing some cherry and normal sized tomatoes, jalepenos, walking onion, green beans, spaghetti squash, okra, and a whole mess of cucumbers. I am also thinking about putting some companion plants on the side for pollinators, maybe some showy milkweed and marigolds. I wouldnt mind making a raised bed for greens and carrots, but I often end up making the garden bigger than I have time for.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

A few years ago my wife started some in her sunroom.
Buy the time nice weather was here, they were almost 4 foot tall.
She planted them in her garden and the next morning they were ate off within 4 inches of the ground.
My wife came in the house and told me that deer season was open NOW! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Jamesh76

#4 Post by Jamesh76 »

I planted several last year, didn't have much luck. Only thing I got to go good were cherry tomato's. We have a nursery 4-5 miles from they house. They pretty much sell any and all vegetables for $1 each. I usually get my peppers/tomato's/cucumbers etc. from them. Cheap and I don't have to mess with it.

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Not here. We are still sitting in the mid teens and have about 16 inches of snow. We had more but it has settled some. Some areas around western Montana got 3 feet last week.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”