we had a black visitor last night

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
jaydee2trad

we had a black visitor last night

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Got up this morning to see that the large open bird feed was torn down to the ground from the pole. I had been planning to use a putty knife to clean the gooey mess of seeds etc that was stuck on the bottom about a half inch thick. But the birds were still coming in to it plus it had two suet feeders attached to the sides. The gooey mess is gone and it is clean again but I still have to repair the feeder and figure out to re attach it again. yeah, they tend to destroy things. Also had emptied some scraps into the compost pile and that was all gone as well. We had out up a bucket feeder with corn but it is now scattered on the ground. some other things were mashed down as well. we have a fence on one side that is mashed down from a bear climbing over it. and the cat is no where to be seen, probably still hiding, may be on top of the house again. I say last night, it could have been early this morning because we got up late, it was a rough night for the wife with her new knee. it was a remember us? JD

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: we had a black visitor last night

#2 Post by Elkman »

If you keep all the attractents around you might get a shot at him with your bow when in season. Our spring season is still going here. Just 5 days left.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

jaydee2trad

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Actually have killed a bear off of my porch with my bow, it was a chore to handle by myself and the meat was awful. Having said that, I have eaten a lot of very good bear meat but am pretty sure that it had been eating rotting meat and they tend to taste what they have been eating, like a hog. This bear caused me a little grief LOL, the meter reader for the electric company saw the hide drying on a wall and reported it to the game warden. I knew him but he had to come check it out anyways. it was a legally harvested animal and legally checked and was not a problem at all except that someone thought that I had done it illegally. if I shot one, I would have to get some help with it. Just found our cat finally, normally he gets up on top of the house but this time he had managed to get on top of one of the shops up high LOL.

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

When I lived in the Northern most part of NJ we hardly ever saw or even heard of bears. They were a bit further north into upstate NY. I left there in the early 70's and now they are everywhere. There is a video of a mother and about 5 cubs playing and tearing up a backyard swimming pool and all the kids toys. An earlier video has them on the swing set and sliding board. Problem is the tree huggers who migrated from NYC into the rural parts of Northern NJ changed the whole political structure of the state eventually. For years they blocked any hunting of the bears. I think they finally allow it but they seem to have lost their fear and are like raccoons now. At least that's what what it seems like to me 1000 miles away.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”