??????

Bears, big cats, exotic and African game hunting with trad gear
Shadowhntr

Re: ??????

#11 Post by Shadowhntr »

Love fresh pork!

The most dangerous game I've hunted....is a whitetail buck in the heat of the rut. Though they arent classed as dangerous game, Don't ever under estimate the risk of being around these creatures. More then a few times I've had encounters myself....not to mention the massive amounts of events that happen every year. I'm not quite certain how wild hogs get the dangerous label which they certainly deserve, when a rutting whitetail buck doesnt. I think hunting from trees certainly limits dangerous situations with whitetails as well as hogs, but that helps you none when walking in and out, or hunting on the ground unprotected.

Though I've not hunted them...id also say elk and especially moose are also way too often over looked as potential dangerous game that don't seem to get recognition as being dangerous by much of the Country. A little net search will quickly change ones passive mind about them not being dangerous. While at it, see how friendly bison are...lol.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

Moose , definitely .
Heard a few years ago about a cow and calf walking down a small town street and I guy walked out of a restaurant and the cow was right there .
She slammed him on the head and shoulders with her front hooves .
He was dead on the spot .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#13 Post by Crazynate »

I shot a 300# hog down south about 5 years ago. It didn't charge me but it was still a lot of fun.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Return to “Exotic and Dangerous Game”