IMPORTANT...READ THIS THEN RESPOND.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Jim Stewart

Re: IMPORTANT...READ THIS THEN RESPOND.

#31 Post by Jim Stewart »

Sounds good to me!

Butchie

#32 Post by Butchie »

Sounds good. I too can't believe what some will "throw" $10 at and not be able to see what that same $10 offers them here??? I'm all for increasing the mebership numbers and letting them decide if they'd like to join the rest of us later on.

Tradman

#33 Post by Tradman »

awp...i had that same exact question asked the other day..i am going to get a po box tomorrow for people wanting to mail in a check or m/o
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

excelpoint

#34 Post by excelpoint »

I think if is a good way to go.
It's all about the Journey, a kill is just the end result.

Ragnarok Forge

#35 Post by Ragnarok Forge »

Let them all join. Just be prepared for babysitting and handling the recalcitrant ones that comes with a crowd.

Larry, lets chat. I have finished up a bunch of hawk heads and a bunch of knives I have been working on over the winter. I will offer up a tomahawk to give away to a member. Later on I will put a knife up as well. Oh, and if you draw my name by chance just pick another member.
Skill is not born into anyone, it is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Tradman

#36 Post by Tradman »

clay, i sent you a pm earlier.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

wtpops

#37 Post by wtpops »

Great idea.
I have six children, ten grandchildren and a few pennies in my pocket. I am far richer than most men.

TradRat

#38 Post by TradRat »

I want in on that Hawk drawing! :D :!:
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

snag

#39 Post by snag »

Yep, some have to test the waters with a toe first...others just jump in! :D

South MS Bowhunter

#40 Post by South MS Bowhunter »

My thoughts are first that the sponsors probally have the most invested in the site other than yourself and to me I would vaule their opinion first. Second as a member I visit other sites, one in particular that really has the family atomshere that I like and that sets a good example for it member to line up to, the other not so much :lol:. I joined this site (paid fee) because of the attraction of getting something in return other than the fellowship. Most time that attraction wears off and unless there is something greater than the thrill of winning, attention start to wane. I beleive that once the membership starts giving/supporting the site in other ways than checking in to see if I won (GUILTY :roll: ) like posting for the love of archery and the hunt, more will come and see. Time will tell.......
"The Lord is My shepherd I shall not want...."

Return to “Campfire”