A Pair of New Skining Knives

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
Ragnarok Forge

A Pair of New Skining Knives

#1 Post by Ragnarok Forge »

Hello everyone,

I will use this post as an opportunity to introduce my self. My name is Clay Walker and I am the bladesmith at Ragnarok Forge. I am a hobbyist bladesmith. I am presently preparing to join the ABS and work towards my journeyman and master smith stamps. I have been part time blacksmith for four years now. I started out making tomahawks to send overseas with battle buddies and other soldiers or Marines I knew who were going to Iraq or Afghanistan. I still make a lot of hawks, along with with a variety of knives. I make everything from tiny patch and neck knives to large camp choppers, and some fighting knives for our troops. I will be posting my work up here as I get different projects completed. If anyone has questions on blacksmithing or would like to see a how to or WIP feel free to post here or email me.

So to the purpose of the post.

The skinning knives.

These two blades are another pair in a series of knives I have been working on over the winter. These two were made from Heller Rasps a farrier buddy gave me after he wore them out.

The cocabolo drop point skinner is gift for a buddy I served with in Iraq in 2003 / 2004. He is a trapper on the side and wanted a skinner for working on smaller animals. The second one hasn't found a home yet. I never seem to find a shortage of people interested in a piece of my work which is gratifying since I am still on the steep end of the learning curve.

Skill is not born into anyone, it is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Margly

Re: A Pair of New Skining Knives

#2 Post by Margly »

Nice knives !
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are !

Tradman

#3 Post by Tradman »

nice work clay.some good lookin skinners.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Bone

#4 Post by Bone »

Nice knives!!! Looking toward to more.

TradRat

#5 Post by TradRat »

Man those are some sweet looking skinners!
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

pajones

#6 Post by pajones »

Nice knives.. great job.
Any weapons like knife, swords or expandable baton are like money; no one knows the meaning of enough.
-Blue Jones-

bjorn

#7 Post by bjorn »

Very nice work Clay!!

EnW

#8 Post by EnW »

I love the little raspy skinners!

Return to “Knives and Hawks”