New guy.... new bow...

JoshT.

New guy.... new bow...

#1 Post by JoshT. »

Some I'm not only the new guy here.... but new to traditional archery altogether. I've been reading Traditional Bowhunter magazine for years (best hunting rag on the market).... and finally decided to bite the bullet and see if I could shoot a stickbow. So.... I bought a $65 Ragim Wildcat (66", 40#@28") and spent a couple of hours at Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear in Denver (great store by the way). RMS got me set up with half a dozen GT 5575s and helped me get the bow set up. I went home and headed to the Ft. Collins public archery range and spent another 2 hours working over the 10 yard butts. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was able to put arrows on target out to about 15-20 yards or so. I went out yesterday to do some shooting by my house.... here's my first shot at 20 yards.... yep, stone cold trad bow addict now!

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: New guy.... new bow...

#2 Post by Elkman »

That's awesome Josh! Good luck in your future Trad bow adventures. They are going to be great!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

tnpaw

#3 Post by tnpaw »

Welcome to a lifetime ride! You are Just getting started and will enjoy for a Lifetime! Good shooting by the way!
Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right :^)

Stalker

#4 Post by Stalker »

Welcome Josh! You have come to the right place,there are a lot of trad bow addicts already here!

TradRat

#5 Post by TradRat »

Wow, that's excellent Josh! Thanks for sharing and welcome to Tradhunter. It's gonna be a great ride.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

AWPForester

#6 Post by AWPForester »

You are hooked. Congrats on that and shooting a trad bow is so much funnier isn't it. Welcome to the show bro.

Two Dogs

#7 Post by Two Dogs »

Welcome Josh, it's a way of life! & a great journey at that! BTW great name, same as my son.

South MS Bowhunter

#8 Post by South MS Bowhunter »

I know that feeling! Welcome aboard!
"The Lord is My shepherd I shall not want...."

JoshT.

#9 Post by JoshT. »

Just got back from an hour of "playing basketball".... I've been experimenting with my anchor point, my release, and my method of 'aiming'.... and I think I've got it pretty much figured out. I can wear that little basketball out inside of 15 yards.... with a rare miss left or high... but not by much. Out to 20 yards I hit about 4/5.... at 25 yards it's more like 1/5.

DannyBows

#10 Post by DannyBows »

Welcome to the addiction! Meetings are held here 24/7. Make yourself at home!

Return to “New Member Check In”