The Hornfrog and the Helms Deep.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
USMC4life

Re: The Hornfrog and the Helms Deep.

#11 Post by USMC4life »

Thank you again!
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
- Ned Dolan

Jose

#12 Post by Jose »

Carpdaddy wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm Good to see the ol Hornfrog getting to keep company with the big boys. It never got to rub elbows with bows like that before. Glad you are enjoying it.
:lol: CD I'm guessing your bows can hang around any other bow out there!

Dale those are some great photos! Good to see you out there shooting Josh. I hope you can get out this fall and whack one!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Awesome, Josh! Glad you got to work the frog and hope you are getting pumped up for deer season!
Dale, I really dig that Helms. Even if there is some old guy shooting it... :lol:
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

Good deal guys! Love the pics. See kirk this is how you post pictures of shooting! hahahahahha
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#15 Post by Captainkirk »

Flemish Dave wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 pm Good deal guys! Love the pics. See kirk this is how you post pictures of shooting! hahahahahha
Leaves are a-growin'...soon.
Aim small, miss small!

Jose

#16 Post by Jose »

Captainkirk wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:26 pm
Flemish Dave wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:22 pm Good deal guys! Love the pics. See kirk this is how you post pictures of shooting! hahahahahha
Leaves are a-growin'...soon.
Could get yourself a bunch of those fake trees and plants from Walmart and put them around your shooting range. :mrgreen:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

...or, I could just get rid of the chain link and put up a real fence. But think of all the bows I could buy with that fence money!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#18 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 2:08 pm ...or, I could just get rid of the chain link and put up a real fence. But think of all the bows I could buy with that fence money!
Easy decision there kirk. Owning all the most beautiful bows in the world is meanless unless you can shoot them. Buy the fence.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#19 Post by Graps »

Could put some fancy lace curtains on that fence. :roll:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#20 Post by Graps »

Back on topic.
I have a water bottle cap that I hang in front of the target for a spot reference and that Josh hit that so many times that it has smashed the bottle cap out of shape and he didn't even offer to replace it.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”