Charity fundraising ideas

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

Charity fundraising ideas

#1 Post by Tradman »

Ok....we need to start coming up with ideas for raising funds for catch a dream and wounded warriors.rather than having seperate fundraisers i figure we can just split the money raised equally between the two worthy charities.Lets hear some ideas on this matter.we will pick through all ideas posted and use the most feasible out of the bunch.it's never to soon to start getting things planned.i have allready contemplated donating a portion of every members signup fee but i think that would hurt the efforts of getting bigger and better prizes on the giveaway list which in turn would hurt recruiting new members to join.what are your thoughts and ideas?
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

AWPForester

Re: Charity fundraising ideas

#2 Post by AWPForester »

Make some tee shirts with the Trad Hunter sign and with the charity names on them. Long Sleeve and Short SLeeve. Sell them here and everywhere. Take a percentage of the sales and put them anywhere you choose. Be a way to get money in the pot for whatever you determined it needed to be. This would be a good way to keep money trickling in all the time but will work better with bigger numbers.

Stickflingers

#3 Post by Stickflingers »

IMO...keep the membership fees for prizes as promised and look for other ways of raising money. Maybe do an online garage sale where guys post what they'd like to sell to donate proceeds for.

Tradman

#4 Post by Tradman »

yep..member fees are designated prize money and that will never change....maybe some type of auction or garage sale.that sounds good.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

jelepley

#5 Post by jelepley »

how about some sort of cyber 50/50 tickets? half of the money can go to charity,the other half into prizes,or cash back to the winning member via paypal

Rchance

#6 Post by Rchance »

We used to hold .22 shooutig natches im an old barn in Ste Genevieve County MO.
5 c3ents a shot at one X---open sights only. The most expense to us was doing all the cooking
smoked pork butts and ribs WILL BE BOUGHT OUT if they're there for purchase, that's where the money starts flying out of the pocket. A fella cant smell all that and not drop by for a sandwich or ribs and something cold to wash it all down with [to the tune of 7-8dollars no less]
If theres something I can help with PLEASE LET ME KMOW!!

Stingray45

#7 Post by Stingray45 »

I like the t-shirt idea proposed previously and I was also thinking what if we had selfbow or traditional bow auctions. For example, let's say I wanted to help the cause so I would build a selfbow and we could put it up for auction on this site for the guys here to get into it or we could put it on another site. Possibly silent or otherwise. Just throwing some ideas out there.

skilongbow

#8 Post by skilongbow »

How about raffle tickets toward a hunt donated by an outfitter. Or even have people offer up goods they make that can be auctioned off.

Stingray45

#9 Post by Stingray45 »

On another site right now I just entered a bow building contest. Everyone is building an unbacked red oak board bow and sending them to a central location where they'll be tested for speed and looks. Then a winner is chosen and whoever wins the contest gets to decide what group the bow is donated to. Either a cub scout group or Archery in the schools program or I believe they can be sold and then the money donated the charity of their choosing.

Bowferd

#10 Post by Bowferd »

I read a post sometime back on one of the tradsites about making kids bows from 3/4" PVC pipe. If anyone is interested I've got over 500' of the grey PVC schedule 40 electrical conduit that I'm sure would work. I'm not in a position to pay the shipping but would be honored to donate the pipe if there was an interest and the profits could be donated to a worthy cause.
I could cut to 5' sections and it would be cheaper to ship.
Fred

Return to “Campfire”