how was your hunting season ?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

how was your hunting season ?

#1 Post by Tradman »

Ok people, lets hear some stories and see some pics of this years bounty.come on,i know youre looking at the site so start using it.lets hear it.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

cyberscout

Re: how was your hunting season ?

#2 Post by cyberscout »

TH--
Mine is not over yet, still have TX. Hunted in AZ twice for Mule Deer[Bucks Only]Had some really fun Stalks but did not close the deal.
Scout

Jesse Minish

#3 Post by Jesse Minish »

Spring bear was a bust. Had lots of close encounters but just didn't connect. Got my bull elk in September and then was out of state for work. Got home in time to get a couple of deer hunts in before season closed but was unsuccessful.

RD

#4 Post by RD »

Wyoming Antelope was a blast, everyone scored. Notrh dakota was fun but unsuccessful for me, my buddy got a dandy 8 pt. Home(MN) was so so, shot 2 does and a buck, didn't see the "big" one.

Steve B.

#5 Post by Steve B. »

I'm ashamed to say that this is my first season in about 10 years that I did not hunt at all. Personal issues. I did do a non-trad-bow, 6-day canoe trip on the Johnday river where I bird hunted and fished and had a great time but I won't talk about it as there was no trad stuff involved. But at least it's hunting?
I have big trad plans for 2012 however.

South MS Bowhunter

#6 Post by South MS Bowhunter »

Our season is still in and i’m still at it, but the deer are so nocturnal it really a guessing game if and when you see something. Did have a successful hunt in early December and posted a story title “Paths” in this forum earlier for those who would like to read it.
"The Lord is My shepherd I shall not want...."

onesharpbroadhead

#7 Post by onesharpbroadhead »

I had a chance this season to try some Rage 40KE broadheads - I shot three adult does with them and in each case had an incredible blood trail and awesome results - I even filmed one of the blood trails:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvKAFvYZfT4

Marty Z

#8 Post by Marty Z »

1 Buck 2 Does it was a good year.
the other silent killer

SNUFFER

#9 Post by SNUFFER »

I am still out hunting here in Maryland. Our season ends on the 31st, and I plan to take off and hunt most of that day. I'll have to post back and let you know how it turned out.

Tony Sanders/aka"SNUFFER"

SNUFFER

#10 Post by SNUFFER »

Our Maryland season ended on the 31st. I had intended to go out and spend most of the day in the woods, but I came down with a bad cold. So the last day passed without me being in the woods. But I did manage to take Deer #7 on the 25th. I took a skin head with my 1959 bear Kodiak Recurve and Bear Razorheads. I am devoting the whole 2012 year to hunting with the 59 Kodiak using Bear Razorheads. So now begins the 7 1/2 month wait until our season opens in Sept. But in the mean time I plan to pursue spring Turkeys and summertime Bowfishing and Groundhoging. Shoot Straight and Good Hunting.

Tony

Return to “Campfire”