practice

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
bronco2

practice

#1 Post by bronco2 »

everyone should be getting in the mood now. should be practicing and getting everything ready. i have a few cameras up and scouting around a little. getting ready to sling some arrows about everyday til season comes in.
what does everyone do to get ready for there season?

bumma

Re: pratice

#2 Post by bumma »

Shoot as often as possible. Prepping clothes and gear. I don't visit my hunting area to much, after the stands go up, as I've been hunting there for almost 30 years and know it like my living room.

Good Luck to all!

bronco2

#3 Post by bronco2 »

sounds like a great place with year after year of success. snap us a picture or 2 of it when you hit the stand. thanks,denny

bumma

#4 Post by bumma »

Oh no...I should clarify...though the chance of seeing deer in this area is pretty good my success rate is not.

This one I took last year. It's actually a buck that had its horns knocked off at some point prior to the archery season.
Attachments
buck 06.jpg
buck 06.jpg (175.25 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

bronco2

#5 Post by bronco2 »

your success rate sound like mine...lol. all that matters that we have time to in joy the great outdoors in freedom..god bless American

thanks, denny

hillbilly

#6 Post by hillbilly »

Shoot daily
Sharpen broadheads
Wash all my hunting clothes in non scented washing detergent and store them in a plastic tub with pine and cedar boughs.
I don't scout much since I am so familiar with the land and deer movement.
Load hunting pack.

bronco2

#7 Post by bronco2 »

you should be all ready by the sound of it hillbilly. good luck sir....

Arkie

Re: practice

#8 Post by Arkie »

I have my style of shooting so ingrained that I do not need to do much practice unless I change arrows or Bows. I usually just hunt with one Bow all the time and ingrain my form on the bale. I work on form consciously with bale training and then when I shoot to hit something I let the shot execution run itself on a SC level. This free's me up to just aim. I shoot 50 or so arrows a week year around.

Return to “Campfire”