Poor boy arrows for squirrels

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
White Falcon

Re: Poor boy arrows for squirrels

#31 Post by White Falcon »

Great idea!

Longbowfanatic

#32 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Amazing!

EWill

#33 Post by EWill »

I had shootalot show me this technique, it's really not that hard. I need to get off my lazy butt and make more. Some of the footed shafts I made were my go to arrow since they shot do well.

Grizzly

#34 Post by Grizzly »

Carpdaddy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:37 am Right down my alley, I love it!! I have been forced to find these money saving tips. But your going to have to give us a little demo on how you do it. Seeing the three items in the first picture didn't help any: :lol: Black tape, Elmers glue, and sandpaper. :idea:

:( We must be careful what we say here on the internet. ;) You never know when the kids are watching :roll: :roll: When I was about 7 years old, I broke a cedar shaft that hit a rock and split, but didn't break in half yet. In 1954, I wasn't familiar with duct tape, and I never liked Duco Cement, so I tied a string around the arrow :oops: and shot it straight up in the air - which is how I broke it in the first place :lol:

The longbow didn't have a shelf and I drove about an inch long sliver into the back of my thumb :shock: Another Home Alone Story :lol:
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#35 Post by stumper »

Kirk I agree!! I am starting to really transition to small game hunting full time. The deer here are pretty non existant on public land and I found out the other day by tossing a frisbee that I can pretty easily hit an aerial target. Dove, quail, duck and squirrel watch out!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “All about arrows”