Finished this "Plain Jane" bag for a friend

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Finished this "Plain Jane" bag for a friend

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

I finished this shooting bag last night for a friend of mine. He was adamant about me making the bag as plain as possible but I snuck in a little carp hide bling on the front and back flaps to cover up some stitching. He was quite pleased with the end product. Now he has to wait 9 long months to get the fowler he ordered to go with the bag.

The body and straps of the bag are made from bison hide and the saddle colored trim is elk hide. It has a small gusset pocket on the front, a small patch pocket on the inside of the main compartment, and a large gusset pocket on the back. I carved the D rings and hooks from moose antler and the buttons from deer antler. I then sewed it all up by hand using artificial sinew.

Darren

EWill

Re: Finished this "Plain Jane" bag for a friend

#2 Post by EWill »

Plain jane?! Very nice.

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

My thoughts exactly. I love plane Jane and that bag.

Actually, on second thought, that bag is no where near a plane Jane bag - not even close.

Remember, not everyone is comfortable with something that is very flashy - some are, some aren't.

Personally, I like this one more than the last one that probably took you hours of devoted attention to all those details and art work.

Believe me when I say that this one is also a work of art. Beautiful.

You could do half the work you did on this one, and it would still be a beautiful work of art that anyone would be proud to use and own.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Over the top Darren as always.
Thanks for sharing.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#5 Post by White Falcon »

Very nice! That is a lot of hand stitching!! Makes my fingers sore just looking at that.

Longtrad

#6 Post by Longtrad »

Wow i love it. Very classy combo.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Excellent work as always, nothing plain Jane about your work, but he must have known that, love it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

All I can say is...WOW!
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#9 Post by stumper »

Geez. If that is plain Jane. I need to place an order for poor boy.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

dougedwards

#10 Post by dougedwards »

Plainly exquisite!

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."
Ephesians 4:25

Return to “Leather Crafting”