Just to say I'm pi**ed is an understatement

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
White Falcon

Just to say I'm pi**ed is an understatement

#1 Post by White Falcon »

Went to change my drive belt on my riding more. Well the belt guides had to be taken off to replace belt. You guessed it, broke 2 bolts on the spindle. Tried to drill them out, hardened bolts, no luck. I did find a complete spindle assy. on line for $27.00.
Well now wait for it to be delivered in the mail and get to put it all back together.
I wash out more when done, but bolts still get rusted in. Pi** pore design! I did use penetrating oil and WD-40.

Graps

Re: Just to say I'm pi**ed is an understatement

#2 Post by Graps »

I hate it when that happens. 🤯
I love projects that start out with you saying " all I hafta do is......"
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Yep; it’s that time of year again. My mower has more patch ups than I do!

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

Testing some common penetrating oils. I would have put my money on ............what I used to use in the shop. There are others out there that are even better, but I'd have to stop by the shop to get their names, I can't remember what we used a few years ago when I worked. There are some out there we used to break 02 sensors free also. But, you are going to pay alot more for this stuff.

Which reminds me. After I do brakes on my car, I've got to get a starter for my little garden tractor. Then one of these years I need to rebuild whatever kind of ball joint system this uses. I know where the parts are, I just have to get around to it while everyone is still living.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Longtrad

#5 Post by Longtrad »

fence in your yard and buy some goats, they rarely break down and almost never rust :lol: :lol:

White Falcon

#6 Post by White Falcon »

Well I have a lot of deer in the yard every day.They don't help.

Return to “DIY section”