Made this special bag for turkey season

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
Grizzly

Re: Made this special bag for turkey season

#11 Post by Grizzly »

What a piece of art as you make something to be used and cherished for a friend. You even brightened my day.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#12 Post by stumper »

What kid of smoke poles are those? So pretty
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

dhaverstick

#13 Post by dhaverstick »

Stumper, the two that Joe and I are holding are guns that my friend, John Pruitt, made for me. The one Joe is holding is a 12 gauge cylinder bore and the one I'm holding is a 20 gauge smoothie with a restriction choke built into the barrel. Joe's caplock rifle was made by a friend of his but I do not know the gentleman's name. I do know that he has passed away, though.

Darren

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

So beautiful. Does Pruitt have a web page?I'll probably be looking at getting a couple smoke poles this year
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

dhaverstick

#15 Post by dhaverstick »

Stumper, Pruitt has a phone number that I can give you and that is it. He is a 79 year old man who makes smokepoles and selfbows for fun. For a gun, he'll charge around $200 plus the price of parts and he'll furnish the stock wood. He'll also have it done in a month or so. It may not be a Danny Caywood wallhanger but it will shoot every time you pull the trigger and I've killed a bunch of game with mine. I usually call up Terry Jo, at Muzzleloader Builder's Supply, order up the parts I need, and have them shipped directly to John. A month or so later, John will ship me a fine rifle or pistol.

PM me if you want me to give you his phone number.

Darren

Graps

#16 Post by Graps »

Very awesome Darren.
I have a rifle kit I got from TOW that I have had for over a year and it's not even close to done yet.
Thanks for sharing with us.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Nock

#17 Post by Nock »

Wow. Great work. Liked the pics.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Sean

#18 Post by Sean »

That's just amazing.

Return to “Leather Crafting”