Hunting deer out of a tree saddle

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
joe harrod1945

Re: Hunting deer out of a tree saddle

#21 Post by joe harrod1945 »

Enjoy the time you hunt.Enjoy the trophy you kill doe or buck.Their are 2 types of deer hunters. trophy hunters an meat hunters who is the best nether one. some people need the recognition an some people do not for me i could care less.some people break the rules like cutting tree branches on public lands.some of the people are legends in their own mind.tree saddles an tree stands are not a bad thing so bad debate is not good for the bow hunting community.No one has convinced me tree saddles are the only thing to use To cut down the manufactures of tree stands is a bad thing.I can show many reasons why to use a tree stand too.We do not need more reasons for anti so knock it off bad debate.This is not one pill fits all situation.Do not let your head get so big that your brain will not work.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

Not saying stands are bad, Joe. Hunted out of them for decades. But quite frankly, I never enjoyed it. I was always on edge about falling or otherwise injuring myself. I'm at peace on terra firma.
Saddles are probably as good as elevated stands.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#23 Post by stumper »

I'm interested in this never tried a saddle. But I do love my viper stand its super comfy and will probably be some time before I can even afford another system.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

joe harrod1945

#24 Post by joe harrod1945 »

tree saddles can be safe if used correctly but it takes time an a lot of practice it is not a over night deal. I have hunted many years with a tree stand an know what moves to make to keep me safe. the reason i want every one to pay attention to safety is because of my mistakes in the past. i fell out of a tree stand in 1983 at that time in my life i had a bad attitude about safety back then i felt it was stupid to wear a safety belt that is what called them back then. fell 18 plus feet hit on the side of a hill. never to this day do i do remember hitting the ground it knocked me out. i woke up after 10 pm the rescue squad was looking for me.i did not move because i thought my back was broke.i was laying on top of my quiver.i was scared an cold. i could hear people shouting in the distance i could not shout because i was hurting so bad.one of my hunting buddies found me first thank god.i was close to a 1/2 mile from my truck.PLEASE BE SAFE

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”