Grandson bow

Trade gear with other members.
Forum rules
Trade or sell any archery gear,hunting gear or camping gear.no bows to be sold here only traded.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Grandson bow

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

My son/grandson is finally showing some interest in shooting, usually can’t get much out of him, but recently has been asking to go shoot. He is going with me to a 3D shoot later this month. Problem is that although right handed he likes and shoots much better left, probably because like me he is left eye dominant. The only bow I have that he can use is an Titan fiberglass kids bow that you can shoot left or right. The bow is probably only 20-25lbs. I would like to get a leftie in the 30-40lb range that he could shoot. Either to buy if cheap enough or preferably to swap something for if I have anything of interest. :mrgreen:
Anybody got anything or suggestions. I cannot build him one due to health issues.

stumper

Re: Grandson bow

#2 Post by stumper »

Only lefty I have and am willing to part with is 50lb, but I do have a right or two in that range... why does he like right better if he shoots left better?

Depends on how much you want to spend though. Mike makes the prairie predator for right around 300 bucks. Also slick stick from bodnik (probably my favorite production bow of all time) run about 330 or so and have lifetime warranty. Those are obviously the new options. Used bear might be a good idea... I know a couple guys that really like the kmag.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Thanks Dave but 50lb is too much for a 14 year old, or this 60 year old!
He likes to shoot left best and does much better that way. I started him out right, even built him a couple bows right because he was right handed, didn’t expect this.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Carpdaddy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 am Thanks Dave but 50lb is too much for a 14 year old, or this 60 year old!
He likes to shoot left best and does much better that way. I started him out right, even built him a couple bows right because he was right handed, didn’t expect this.
I figured it would be. I have a 43lb left handed but I dare not part with my flatline lol.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

stumper wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:26 am
Carpdaddy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:10 am Thanks Dave but 50lb is too much for a 14 year old, or this 60 year old!
I figured it would be. I have a 43lb left handed but I dare not part with my flatline lol.
That would be far beyond my billfold limitation!

Jamesh76

#6 Post by Jamesh76 »

I will keep an eye out. If you Ebay much, I see left hand bows often go for 50-60$. Typically brownings, Shakespeare or pearsons.

stumper

#7 Post by stumper »

Company that is reputable Italian made bows that are affordable and shoot well. Ragim offers both recurves and long bows. One piece and take downs that can be upgraded weight later on. I have shot several of their bows and they are comparable to the entry level bear bows at half the cost. I would put him on the ragim fox which can be had on Amazon to your door for about 200 bucks. It's a one piece longbow 64 inches I believe. This would be a great bow for him. The recurve equivalent is the black bear.

Return to “Swapmeet”