For Graps

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
Graps

Re: For Graps

#21 Post by Graps »

Nice.
My wife wants one really bad.
That feller in the picture needs a snake.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Nock

#22 Post by Nock »

She has had it almost a year
Happiness is a tight chain!

Nock

#23 Post by Nock »

95012D85-4A0F-46A0-88B7-7A54BB8E078B.jpeg
95012D85-4A0F-46A0-88B7-7A54BB8E078B.jpeg (101.51 KiB) Viewed 258 times
That’s how be he was when she got him.

Nock

#24 Post by Nock »

C1387019-30E2-404B-9A06-77E297911B3F.jpeg
C1387019-30E2-404B-9A06-77E297911B3F.jpeg (188.71 KiB) Viewed 258 times
And current

Graps

#25 Post by Graps »

Better not let my wife see that.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#26 Post by White Falcon »

Lunch? ;) ;)

Graps

#27 Post by Graps »

How about seeing something that is undeniably wonderful involving snakes.
Please watch this, it might just give you a different view of snakes.

Grizzly

#28 Post by Grizzly »

We have a small zoo in town that we went to after the Mother's Day gathering and many other times while the kids were young. The ladies (why does it always seem to be the ladies?) there along with a few guys, would get the constrictors out and let the kids handle them. iirr, one was an albino. I did too, but I'm not a snake person. One daughter did really enjoy it and always wanted to go back for more.

I remember in Viet Nam when on R&R in Vung Tau, for a small pittance, you could have this really, really thick, huge boa wrapped around you and have a photo taken. No Thanks.

I was one who would kill any snakes in the yard. Mostly because my wife really doesn't like them. Then one day while cleaning up the backyard, I lifted up an old piece of carpet and there were a few very young garter snakes under it. They were about 10 inches or less and I had some welding gloves already on that I used when messing with weeds and vines to avoid poison ivy or oak. I picked up one of them and he went into his little King Cobra strike imitation. I thought it was so cool that the little guy was willing to fight that it changed how i looked at them. Now I live and let live - so long as they don't let the wife see them around the deck.

I'll still jump back involuntarily if i see a snake. Another daughter is seeing a fellow who does alot of yard work and tree work. He's been bitten numerous times by copperheads when picking up brush and cleaning up areas he's not all that familiar with.

We were at a traditional shoot up north at the Illinois/Wisconsin border when my wife missed the target and her arrow was caught up in a bush shrub of some kind. I reached in to grab it and right next to it was some 3 or 4 ft snake. I think I jumped about 3 or 4' back like I had springs in my feet. I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Oh, nice video. The yearly Cowboy Shoot that our club and Bill Oglesby (Badlands Bill from the History Channel doing trick shots with single actions and lever action rifles) would hold and promote to all his nationwide SASS friends would donate all the proceeds to the Make A Wish Foundation for the kids. At the time, I was the club pres and pistol chairman and would do much of the organizing. Those were good times back in the late 80's and 90's.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#29 Post by Grizzly »

As to lizards, we had lots of these little Tokay gekos running around the compound walls. Once in the middle of the night on guard duty, one must have been in an interior bunker with me and an old 30. cal Browning, right behind my head. Out of the stillness of the night, he lets loose with that tee koo call of his. Eeerie to say the least.

It seemed like every week there w as a new bug hatch and the old ones would all be found dead in the sinks in the morning. I guess the little lizards helped munch on the live ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokay_gecko
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#30 Post by Graps »

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”