KUIU gear

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
RUSTY

KUIU gear

#1 Post by RUSTY »

Anyone else order any? Don't know a whole lot about their stuff. I only know from what I've read on their blogs. Was looking into upgrading to Sitka gear this year and when I had heard of this I figured I go out on a limb and give it a shot! Got an email yesterday that my order ( I had got in on the early preorder) had shipped. Should get it next week sometime. I will let you guys know my initial reactions to it (fit, quality, ect.). Will be a while to give it a real test it though. May try some of it during turkey season though! I ordered the guide vest and guide beanie, attack pants, and the 185 base top and bottoms. Got a couple ball caps for everyday use (ball cap junkie!). Price and the camo pattern is what tempted me to give this stuff a go. We'll see!!
Rusty

"If we must die, we die defending our rights!"-Sitting Bull <---<<<

howler

Re: KUIU gear

#2 Post by howler »

Yeah I ordered a pair of the attack pants

Buckwheat

#3 Post by Buckwheat »

Will be waiting for opinions.. Looking at the attack pants too.???

Margly

#4 Post by Margly »

The KUIU pattern looks good.

Margly
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are !

TradRat

#5 Post by TradRat »

Look forward to the reviews. Maybe we can get them to be a Sponsor here.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

RUSTY

#6 Post by RUSTY »

Quick update. Received my order a little bit ago. Had the box at work and broke it open. The camo looks better in person than on a computer screen! And it definitely looks like some quality stuff!! I will try everything on when I get home tonite. For me, the fit will be the biggest test! I'm sure the other guys on here will be getting their orders shortly if they haven't gotten them already. I'm sure they will share their thoughts also.
Rusty

Phil Tuccillo

#7 Post by Phil Tuccillo »

Rusty,Waiting patiently for mine definately fill us in on the fit.
Thanks, Phil

RUSTY

#8 Post by RUSTY »

OK. Got home from work last nite and tried everything on. Just so you know I am 6'1", 200lbs. So I was a little concerned with the length of everything. I ordered the 185 base layers in L. Everything else in Xl. The reason is so that I can layer an XL set of the 250 base on real cold days over the 185's. I'm a 34" waist, and ordered 36 in the attack pants.

So I tried on the 185 base layers first. My first set of wool I've tried. That stuff is soft!!! Plenty of length in the legs and arms. Not sure if they will shrink in wash, but they seem to stretch when you move so I don't figure they will be riding up the arms and legs like my Under Armour stuff does! That drives me nuts!!

Next was the guide vest in XL. What can u say about a vest. Tried in on with one of my fleece jackets to see how it would be when layering. Perfect size. Not too loose when wearing it over the 185 top and not to tight once it was over the fleece jacket.

Then came the attack pants. Holy cow are those things comfy!!! Those are my favorite
piece!! Getting them in a 36 was the right move. Put a belt on just having the 185 bottoms on. Not bulky at all and the length of the legs were perfect. I can see some shorter guys maybe wanting to get them hemmed up a little. Then I threw on a pair of fleece pants I had over the 185's and then the attack pants. Worked great! The pockets in these things were very well thought out also!!

The beanie is well made. Not 100% on that one for me though. Seems a little tight for my liking. But I will give it some time. I was looking at it and thought to myself they need to take this material in this beanie and make a "boonie"!!! That would be awesome!!

The materials used in the pants and vest (as well as other of their pieces) are amazing! The way it kinda stretches really makes this stuff super comfortable. I am pleased with what I've seen so far. Will try this stuff out as much as I can then if all goes well will probably get the 250 bases and the guide jacket. As soon as the gloves come out at the end of the month I will be ordering them. Not a proffesional product evaluator so if there is something else you want to know feel free to ask!! LOL!!
Rusty

TradRat

#9 Post by TradRat »

Well, if I ever get out of povertyville, I might look into trying some of this gear out myself. :D
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Littlebigman

#10 Post by Littlebigman »

i really like the 185 base layer. Heck I am wearing the top now! very comfy.
KWITCHURBELYAIKEN

Return to “Campfire”