May have blackslidden!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
stumper

Re: May have blackslidden!

#11 Post by stumper »

Let us know how she shoots. Good looking bow.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#12 Post by Carpdaddy »

Busy, busy, as I feel stronger I am finding myself taking on too many things again. Did a wedding today and Church tonight. Preached two days straight again, more appointments this week also. Just before leaving for Church I tried a few arrows with the new bow, quite impressed so far. Shot 500 spines and 600 with various weight, liked the 600’s, 29” long, with 175gr tips. Not enough time to test much. I think I like...
Attachments
7AC8BAD7-01D8-41F1-BDB4-301C6B2793AC.jpeg
7AC8BAD7-01D8-41F1-BDB4-301C6B2793AC.jpeg (191.8 KiB) Viewed 335 times

stumper

#13 Post by stumper »

Looks good.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Nock

#14 Post by Nock »

Thanks for review. Got me interested.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#15 Post by Carpdaddy »

Got the itch and took the new bow out in a date yesterday. It was midday, and I only lasted for about an hour, but sure enjoyed seeing the woods again! Shot a couple stumps and was pleased with the bows performance!
Attachments
FB67DC34-47E5-4322-85AD-CC8BAFA33665.jpeg
FB67DC34-47E5-4322-85AD-CC8BAFA33665.jpeg (194.38 KiB) Viewed 308 times

Grizzly

#16 Post by Grizzly »

I was walking on some broken ground yesterday which reminded me of getting out in the woods. Caring for my wife has kept me close to home and every once in a while I too long for those days spent in the trees enjoying His Creation.

So, how many parishioners have you converted to traditional archery? I'd have loved to but the town where the home church is doesn't allow backyard archery.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#17 Post by Captainkirk »

My town doesn't allow it either. Bunch of communists...let's just say I watch my opportunities and choose carefully. This great country has gone too far in it's zealotry to be a nanny state.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#18 Post by Grizzly »

Bring back the days when Teddy Roosevelt had a shooting range at the White House........I was hoping President Trump's boys would at least set up an archery range there.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Campfire”