Christmas arrows

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
stumper

Re: Christmas arrows

#11 Post by stumper »

Pics or it didn't happen
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#12 Post by Captainkirk »

TTT
Aim small, miss small!

Hill billy

#13 Post by Hill billy »

Those are awesome!! I need to dig all my equipment out and go back to work on the art of woodies. I just ran out of time but I love the way they fly. I never built any I was truly happy with. It takes time and practice. Not to mention talent

Elkman
Site Admin

#14 Post by Elkman »

Those look like a pro made them to me.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#15 Post by Grizzly »

Yours look really good Kirk. If I were ever to make a set of woodies again, I'd want to try some with double tapers. Around 2000 or so I bought a few dozen cedar shafts when I took a trip up to 3 Rivers. After I sorted the matched spines, I sorted them by weight and had a couple that were much heavier than the rest so I set them aside till later. Then I started hand sanding those two to reduce the weight (not realizing I was also probably changing spine). I put some pretty noticeable tapers on both ends that ran maybe to 8 inches until I got them down to the same weight as the others. Those two were the best flying woodies I ever made. 3 Rivers chose the spine for me, so they should have been close to begin with for my 41 and 45# bows I bought them for. I'd have to dig around in my old papers to find the original spine weight I bought back then. Making them look good was fun and the finished product always gave alot of satisfaction, BUT straightening those little rascals was the hard part. I suppose after you do enough of them you get the hang of it and it becomes easier. I won a set or nice older stock cedars at a UBI dinner once, along with another dozen or two someone gave me. Maybe someday I'll get the urge to make them for the kids - or they can themselves if interested enough. I'd probably have to stock back up on some supplies first.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#16 Post by stumper »

Looking good. I make hobo arrows comparatively.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Return to “All about arrows”