Recurve success in Mexico!

Bears, big cats, exotic and African game hunting with trad gear
dhaverstick

Recurve success in Mexico!

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

Sorry, folks, but I had to pull this thread due to some article writing obligations. Hopefully, the story will be in a national bowhunting magazine soon.

Darren

elkslayer4x5

Re: Recurve success in Mexico!

#2 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Congratulations :!: Nice Tom, beautiful colors. :D Sorry you have to leave it there. :(

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Thanks Darren for sharing that amazing trip with us. I truly enjoyed every minute of it. Was there no one down there who could have done a mount and shipped it to you? Probably too late now. I can see how you'd like to do that again. I didn't even know that sub species even existed. Beautiful bird. More then likely I did know, but as usual that memory has faded.... :roll:

The only turkeys I've hunted are our easterns. I probably could have had a chance at another species in the Dakotas but my brother there probably didn't realize how much I'd have loved to hunt one.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

dhaverstick

#4 Post by dhaverstick »

Grizzly wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:36 am Was there no one down there who could have done a mount and shipped it to you?
Craig, ocellated turkeys are a CITES animal and the transportation and distribution of their body parts are controlled by international treaty. Basically, if you kill one you are welded to it until all the legal paperwork is done. We needed to leave in a hurry so there just wasn't time to get all that paperwork completed.

Darren

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Congratulations Darren!
Bummer you had to leave your hard earned bird behind.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Uh oh. Sounds like I missed a breaking story. I'll be watching that, umm..."national publication"...real closely.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Exotic and Dangerous Game”