Made this quiver for the PBS Biennial Gathering

How to's, questions and build alongs for those who make or want to make their own gear made from leather. Get some tips on how you can make your own quiver, arm guard, etc. to go along with your Custom Traditional Bow.
Forum rules
No selling of leather goods unless you are a sponsor.
dhaverstick

Made this quiver for the PBS Biennial Gathering

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

I finished this side quiver yesterday and will donate it as an auction item for the Professional Bowhunters Society Gathering here in a month. Hopefully, it will make the club a dollar or two.

The gray body of this quiver is giraffe hide. The black trim and turquoise backing is deer hide. The white/gray arrowhead and trim at the mouth is caiman. The "bling" around the arrowhead is ostrich leg skin. I carved the hanging ring from a piece of moose antler and the buttons were carved from deer antler. I sewed everything up by hand using artificial sinew. There are probably a couple of rust colored specks on it somewhere. That is my blood from poking myself in the finger with a needle.

I designed the quiver to be worn either around your neck and shoulder or from a belt around your waist.

I hope to meet some of you folks there!

Darren

Grizzly

Re: Made this quiver for the PBS Biennial Gathering

#2 Post by Grizzly »

What artistry in leather. That is one good looking side quiver. Please tell us how much it goes for at auction. I was in the UBI for years but never did join a national organization.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Elkman
Site Admin

#3 Post by Elkman »

Wow Darren, that quiver is outstanding! I think it will do well at the auction.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Hill billy

#4 Post by Hill billy »

That’s gorgeous!! Just curious if you died the leather yourself?

dhaverstick

#5 Post by dhaverstick »

Thanks, all!
Hill billy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:09 pm That’s gorgeous!! Just curious if you died the leather yourself?
Michael, I did not dye the leather. Most all of that leather came from Springfield Leather Company in Springfield, MO. I started creating this project in my mind over a year ago when I went into SLC and they had that white/black caiman hide on display. I knew I wanted that hide but I didn't know what I would do with it. Then, this past summer, SLC got in a whole bunch of that gray giraffe hide and I knew I could pair those two together and make something really nice.

Darren

Hill billy

#6 Post by Hill billy »

dhaverstick wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:37 am Thanks, all!
Hill billy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:09 pm That’s gorgeous!! Just curious if you died the leather yourself?
Michael, I did not dye the leather. Most all of that leather came from Springfield Leather Company in Springfield, MO. I started creating this project in my mind over a year ago when I went into SLC and they had that white/black caiman hide on display. I knew I wanted that hide but I didn't know what I would do with it. Then, this past summer, SLC got in a whole bunch of that gray giraffe hide and I knew I could pair those two together and make something really nice.

Darren
I’d say you nailed it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Awesome as usual, Darren!
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#8 Post by White Falcon »

I guess it will pass! ;)