2022 season

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

2022 season

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, not much to report, I'm afraid...so far yesterday was the only day I've been out for this year's permit. The weather was warm...actually TOO warm at 70F, but sure made for a nice peaceful day in the woods! Saw (and heard) a woodpecker, blue jay, chipmunk, and a big fat sassy squirrel, who became quite upset when I reached down for a chunk of apple slice to chew on and he discovered me watching him at less than 10 feet away. No sir, he didn't care for that at all and let me and every other man jack within listening range know about it! The day was stunningly beautiful; warm with a light breeze in my face from the southwest. I sat in a ground blind not 10 yards from intersecting deer trails, but the deer were having none of that. I saw tracks walking in and out in the muddy fire road, but no deer attached to them. I have a few pix to upload to Flickr; I'll post when I can. Hopefully I can talk work into giving me at least one day off this week as my permit is good thru Friday. If not, well...at least I got out there!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: 2022 season

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

As promised, a few photos from Saturday's sit (really can't call it a "hunt", as apparently no deer got the memo to show up). This week is not looking so good for another "sit", either.

Who is that masked man? (hint: it's not the Lone Ranger, or Batman either)

Views from the forest floor

Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#3 Post by Elkman »

Good luck Kirk.
That warm weather left us a few days ago. It is cool here and the cold here might be over there next week.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Elkman wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:50 am Good luck Kirk.
That warm weather left us a few days ago. It is cool here and the cold here might be over there next week.
Thanks, Tom! Forecast is for cooler weather toward the week end.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: Well at least you covered up some ugly for the photo shoot! :lol:
Best of luck.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:41 pm :lol: Well at least you covered up some ugly for the photo shoot! :lol:
Best of luck.
Got THAT right! That would send the deer clear out of the state park!
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, I reckon that's it, fellers. One day was all I squeezed out of it. Better than nothing, I guess...and it was a fantastic day out in the woods. Next time around I'm taking off the entire week (or two) whether we're short handed at work or not. Not my problem...
Today would have been a stellar day to hunt.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”