Photos from the 2023 United Bowhunters of Missouri Rendezvous

Traditional archery events, club announcements, 3D shoots.
Forum rules
Post all club events or traditional archery related gatherings.
dhaverstick

Photos from the 2023 United Bowhunters of Missouri Rendezvous

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

The UBM held their annual Rendezvous last weekend in Marshall, MO and it was a blast! Attendance was good and the shooting was as hot as the weather. Thanks to the Marshall Bowhunters Club for hosting the event again!

Harry Mauchenheimer built this contraption several years ago that launches 2-liter bottles into the air so folks can shoot at them. It is always a big draw at the event.

Friday night, Bill Brown fried a boatload of fish which were eagerly consumed by the other members.

The 3D course is always a challenge. This is about a 30-yard shot almost straight down.

The highlight of the day is the 3-Person Skirmish tournament. Folks are gathering around to get ready for it to start.

Two teams battling it out on the shooting line.

This year's winning team holding up what was left of their targets.

A group of individuals known as "Larry's Gang" showing off their matching shirts. Larry Bauman, the distinguished gentleman on the far right and the group's namesake, has probably forgotten more about archery than I will ever learn. This group has been a fixture at the Rendezvous for years and is always good for a laugh and a beer.

These next three photos captured a miracle occurring. During one round of the 3-Person Skirmish, I managed to break all 3 clay birds for my team in 3 shots and the photographer caught each shot as it occurred. The other team didn't break a single bird before I eliminated them singlehandedly! This just goes to show you that anyone has the ability to rise to the occasion. I quickly resumed my level of mediocre shooting, which helped secure my team's premature exit from the competition. That allowed us to get to the beer cooler quicker so I will count that as a victory of sorts.

bird #1 (caught at the time when the arrow hits the bird)
bird #2
bird #3

If you are looking for a good time next summer, and want to be around some of the finest folks on the planet, come join us at the next Rendezvous!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Photos from the 2023 United Bowhunters of Missouri Rendezvous

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

That truly looks like a fabulous time, Darren! Thanks for sharing the pix and stories!
I didn't realize you were a lefty!
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

#3 Post by dhaverstick »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:08 pm That truly looks like a fabulous time, Darren! Thanks for sharing the pix and stories!
I didn't realize you were a lefty!
Yes, Kirk, it's an affliction I've had my entire life. It does qualify me to park in handicapped spots so there is a silver lining. It also keeps people from borrowing my stuff.

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

I'd shoot lefty if I could, being left-eye dominant. Tried it once...ain't happening. LOL!
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#5 Post by Elkman »

Sounds like a very good time!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Events”