It's about time!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

It's about time!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Finally had a good opportunity to drag out the old bendy stick and heave a few arrows down range this evening. Went with the Black Beauty (1969 Bear Super Kodiak), partially because it's easier to draw after the off season at 40#, but mostly because I shoot tighter groups with it than any bow I own, consistently. That, and it looks cool...
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

Re: It's about time!

#2 Post by dhaverstick »

I shot a few the other day just to get back in the swing of things. I have a new 66" Wild Horse Creek longbow on order that should be here sometime in July. Looking forward to that!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

dhaverstick wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:24 pm I shot a few the other day just to get back in the swing of things. I have a new 66" Wild Horse Creek longbow on order that should be here sometime in July. Looking forward to that!

Darren
I'm looking forward to some pix of your new eye candy, Darren!
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#4 Post by Elkman »

The other day I had one of my bows in my hands and dusted it off thinking I should try and get myself back in the groove. I went looking for a string to put on it and then it started pouring down rain for the rest of the day. The bow is a recurve that I got at an estate sale some years back. I think I got it for $40 buck or less. It is a 30# bow, which I thought would give me an idea about my abilities since I am still dealing with my shoulder issues.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

dhaverstick

#5 Post by dhaverstick »

Elkman wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:32 am The other day I had one of my bows in my hands and dusted it off thinking I should try and get myself back in the groove. I went looking for a string to put on it and then it started pouring down rain for the rest of the day. The bow is a recurve that I got at an estate sale some years back. I think I got it for $40 buck or less. It is a 30# bow, which I thought would give me an idea about my abilities since I am still dealing with my shoulder issues.
Tom, I can make you a string for it, if you want one. Just tell me the AMO bow length, what color string you want, and where to send it.

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

A 30# bow will allow you to work up strength...gradually...without doing major damage, Tom. I think it's a great idea!
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#7 Post by Elkman »

Thanks for the offer Darren. I really appreciate it! I should have 3 or 4 around here some where. I just have to make sure the one I use is Dacron and not D97. There's no tip overlays on this one.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Campfire”