Prayers needed

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Prayers needed

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Prayers needed for my Aunt Ruthie. Her family is one of the three that built our cabin up north (featured in another thread here) and the family that ended up with ownership of that cabin.
We just learned she was in a car accident a couple days ago and is in ICU with broken vertebrae, sternum, and nose with bleeding in the brain and lungs...not good, especially for someone in their 80's.
Thanks, guys.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Prayers needed

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Will do.

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Will be in our thoughts and prayers.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Being sent!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Jamesh76

#5 Post by Jamesh76 »

sent

Gamestalker

#6 Post by Gamestalker »

Prayer said....

Ole Dave

#7 Post by Ole Dave »

NO, Kirk, not good... but God's in charge when things are that far off the scope... Medicine and prayers combined can do big things, but His will is perfect.

My own father lasted 18 mos in a nursing home, some of it he was mobile but then things started to slip. If I were not there EVERY day, Lord only knows... :(

In the end, he made 90, but what a way to get there! :( I told God given his condition and lack of quality of life, whenever God was ready to take dad home, I was ready to let him go... When he went it was quickly... CHF.

I am drawn to recall those moments reading such as yours... but prayers up for His Will to be done, and that it may include healing for your Aunt, but in His time and will.
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Bearded Bowhunter

#8 Post by Bearded Bowhunter »

Praying
Bear Grizzly 58'' 50#@28"
Samick Sage Takedown 60" 50#@28"

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#9 Post by Captainkirk »

Sadly, guys...
Ruthie lost the battle early this afternoon and succumbed to her injuries. The details are are rather hazy but it appears she fell asleep while driving and went off the road. No other vehicles were involved.
This one hurts. She was one of the three families that built the cabin up north; my memories of all the times our families spent up there were just refreshened two weeks ago on our trip.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers. My one consolation is that her husband lost his fight with Parkinson's two years ago, and their young daughter was killed at age 16 in a tragic car/train collision some 36 years ago. May they all be reunited today.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#10 Post by Shadowhntr »

Sad to hear that Kirk. You and your family remain in our thoughts and prayers.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Prayers”