Kentucky Tradfest 2017

Traditional archery events, club announcements, 3D shoots.
Forum rules
Post all club events or traditional archery related gatherings.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Kentucky Tradfest 2017

#31 Post by Carpdaddy »

Longtrad wrote:man that looks like a blast. I need to think hard and try to find an excuse to make it out there next year so I can show you guys how a real professional arrow hunter can miss a target.
We are already professional arrow hunters, we found several others had lost while looking for ours. :oops: :lol: Steve is like a hound Dog locating those things, wonder why? :lol:

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#32 Post by Carpdaddy »

Lots of stuff to buy there, a good time to stock up on needed supplies. Steve traded bows and bought several items, Mark and I bought too much also. Here is a few targets that were for sale.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#33 Post by Carpdaddy »

The picking and singing was good...
And so was the food!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#34 Post by Carpdaddy »

That's a hungry bunch right there!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#35 Post by Captainkirk »

Looks like a great time, Tony!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#36 Post by Carpdaddy »

I forgot to tell this one. We talked Steve into sleeping in the camper with us since Marks camper has several beds and heat, he was sleeping in a tent, and the forecast was giving freezing temps. I heard him get up and go out about 2:00 am, something that happens when you get old. Then about 3 I heard the door again. I looked and there was his boots and jacket but his sleeping bag was gone. I needed to get up anyway so when I did I noticed he was in the tent. I ask what happened and he said he had to get some sleep, he claimed that I snored like a Buffalo. I told him that my wife said I didn't snore and before I could explain how deep she sleeps he responded "That woman really loves you!" I guess if he was running around on the frosty ground barefoot I wouldn't argue with him. :lol: :lol: :shock:

Longtrad

#37 Post by Longtrad »

Those dinosaur targets sure look neat. What kind of goodies did you buy? I always wanted to be able to go to all the different bowyers booths and test our their flickin sticks.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#38 Post by Carpdaddy »

First thing we bought was a few $1.00 arrows to shoot at things we didn't want to shoot our expensive arrows at. Steve traded bows, he had more with him than some of the vendors! That included two (yes Kirk TWO) Tamerlanes! He showed us mercy and didn't shoot them though. Between us we bought shafts, feathers, inserts, quiver, and so on. Mark bought one quiver and sold two. Steve also got a number for the fellow that makes those Coyote hats he was modeling.

Shadowhntr

#39 Post by Shadowhntr »

How much on them coyote hats? If you get your own coyote pelt, I know a place you can get a mountain man style hat, for $25 tanning, then $55 to make it. Professionals doing it for $80 total, is simply amazing. They look so darn good!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#40 Post by Carpdaddy »

Don't seem possible but the man said $40.00, Steve is logged on peeping this morning, maybe he will answer if he has called yet.

Return to “Events”